Does anyone actually use regen mode 1?

I'm not sure I agree with you here, Andy - Clearly rolling along without applying either regen or power is the most efficient form of travel, but this is of course what you do when you're driving with a light foot at a constant speed, whatever regen level you're set to. However when you need to slow down, immediately applying regen by lifting your foot gently, or more firmly depending on need, delivers regen without friction braking. As you say, you can switch your foot over to the brake pedal and it'll apply regen as it brakes, but if you have regen set to light, it'll throw more energy away in the brakes as there's less regen to slow you. Once you're used to EV driving technique, it's much more efficient to keep your foot in one place and gently apply power, regen or coast with just a light foot action. This is what Tesla have found, after 10 years of testing and experience.
What I was getting at is using anticipation to use as little braking or regen as possible. If you have your foot on the accelerator at all then there is no regen. If you take your foot off the accelerator then you get low level regen without braking at all. Obviously if you need to brake then that will increase the regen, but if you can travel as far as possible with foot off the accelerator then this is more efficient than the car losing speed quickly due to heavy regen , which is wasting energy you've already put into the car.

Why would MG spend time developing their ‘adaptive’ regen option and then NOT make that the default?
Anyone?
Anyone?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 533 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums