Does anyone believe this? (Internal/external temperature readings)

Just read this thread with interest. Looked at my MG. Internal temp 87°c, external 10°c. 🤣
Refreshed; 16°c / 10°c
Refreshed a few more times and gradually got to 10°c / 10°c. (I think it went 14, 12, 11, 11, 11, 11, 10 so certainly feels like some sort of decaying average.)
It's parked next to my other car under a cart shed...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231118-114055.png
    Screenshot_20231118-114055.png
    324.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20231118-114108.png
    Screenshot_20231118-114108.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
There‘s a frost this morning. Checking the car’s temperature via Ismart brings up 1° outside and 10° inside (oh yeah?) Refreshing the app repeatedly shows the outside temperature at a constant 1° but the internal drops to 8 then 6, 5,4 and finally 3°
It looks like the internal thermometer is switched off on power down and remembers the last known temperature. Whereas the external thermometer appears to be switched on at all times and gives real-time temperatures.

Am curious but not perplexed.

Mine doesn’t behave that way. SE SR on 1100R13
What’s your infotainment version? Any updates received recently? Or rather not received recently to any of the other components?

My SE SR is on 1100R21 and I refuse to believe the cabin temperature is still at 19°C after an overnight frost so I do think it's keeping the last temperature observed when the car was switched on. Each time I refresh it is dropping by about 2°C.

Last edited by a moderator:
I casually checked my car today via the app. It said the interior temperature was 87 bloody Celsius 😱. I involuntarily buttered my rear cheeks with something akin to Nutella and ran back to my car imagining it was on fire. Nothing was wrong, no need to panic… wtf 🤣

IMG_0174.jpeg

I casually checked my car today via the app. It said the interior temperature was 87 bloody Celsius 😱. I involuntarily buttered my rear cheeks with something akin to Nutella and ran back to my car imagining it was on fire. Nothing was wrong, no need to panic… wtf 🤣

View attachment 23048
Must be global warming, couldn't possibly be a bug in MG's software - that never happens! 😉

Yes, i think there may occasionally be issues... my car the other day (in December!) I was worried it was on fire! I think it was a °Fahrenheit not °Centigrade/Celsius

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218_084356_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218_084356_MG iSMART.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 34
This morning. Checked car to make sure he was awake and ready to accept a pre-heat command later.

Internal temperature 9°C
External temperature -7°C

Last driven on Friday afternoon (that's the day before yesterday), and even then not far enough to warm the cabin. Given the frost on my windows I'll take the -7°C part. 9°C inside? Somebody is having a laugh.
My MG5 recently reported it to be 36⁰c outside when all the windows were frosted. Then just to prove it's point it refused to allow the heater to work.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back