Does anyone know what exactly is done when the ZS EV is serviced?

Maybe not. Or maybe do it myself. I’d still like to know what is done on each service though.
My educated guess would be:

1st Service - Visual inspection of fluid levels(both coolants and brake), HV battery and tyres. Connect MG diagnostics kit up to check the health of the HV Battery/car and any stored faults. Carry out any applicable software updates. Plus another year of AA cover.

2nd Service - as above, plus replace pollen filter, both key batteries and brake fluid.

3rd Service - same as 1st Service

4th Service - same as 2nd service plus replace coolant.

If you look at the benefits especially the breakdown cover for any car your in at the time, the travel insurance for you and family, the mobile phone/s insurance, they alone are worth more than the monthly fee. So if your paying separately for those then.......you obviously have not looked deep enough. Or got money to waste.
Oh, we both bought an MG though doh!
Or it could be that I don't need any of those and are not paying separately for any of them. Duh !
The only one I may need is the AA cover, which I got free with the car and the price of the service each year covers this again and I'm getting the service as well.
Full House Reaction GIF

Thank you
Be careful about using none MG garages for servicing, although in theory any VAT registered garage is allowed, they need to adhere to the MG specified criteria. This includes a diagnostic read to check condition of systems. Guess who are the only garages who have this kit? ;)

Its a get out of warranty free card for MG...

I hate having to use main dealers for service work, let's hope more manufacturers are forced to follow Tesla's lead, its outrageous to deny warranty due to lack of servicing that is almost nothing at all, especially if there is no causal link with any faults that do occur.

Thats good advice. Thank you. I agree entirely with your comments.

@Cocijo As mentioned you get AA cover for next year then car checked any req faulty bits replaced like ie door loom on some of those, then finally firmware/software updated to latest which can't be done with non MG garage

So you’d pay someone else to do it - a VAT registered garage who would need to use genuine MG parts (the cabin filter does need changing at some point for example) and then pay the dealer to do the body inspection... to save how much?

The warrranty might be restrictive but are you really going to gamble with the battery / drivetrain warranty? The servicing isn’t even that expensive.
The problem is if you live on an an island. It will/would cost me £200 just to get across the water then an overnight stay. We have a very experienced garage on island that has been servicing EV since 2012.

More often than not you can find out what is done by speaking to the service advisor who are increasingly women. You don't ask you don't get in my experience.

As already mentioned above I agree 'very little' however IF there are any service campaigns then it is an ideal opportunity for the garage to process them. I always find it equally comforting/frustrating when nothing is required at service time LOL.

Also it is clear that most MG dealers are still learning which does suggest that non-franchise garages may struggle with any idiosyncrasies considering thay are unlikely to be party to manufacture training or support.

AND the AA cover is some nice gravy.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom