Does the ZS and MG5 emmit a sound at low speeds?

Around any particularly nervous animals (horses, sheep, that sort of thing).
Trying to diagnose some potential problems by sound (Rubbing/whining etc) at low speed.
Sneaking back home after a late night party without waking up the parents/significant other/dogs...

I must admit I've never heard this pedestrian sound even when I've been stood next to the car as my wife drove away!!!
Should it come on by default or do you have to go into the settings menu to switch it on ?
I'd love to have the Jetsons spaceship sound from the 1960's cartoon series :D

I must admit I've never heard this pedestrian sound even when I've been stood next to the car as my wife drove away!!!
Should it come on by default or do you have to go into the settings menu to switch it on ?
I'd love to have the Jetsons spaceship sound from the 1960's cartoon series :D
I never noticed it before until people said about it.

But on my MG5 It actually does make a sound. I assumed it was just the sound of the electric motor... it sounds like a sort of hair dryer. I got my partner to drive slowly when I was outside the car and was like.... oh ye...

The sound that mine emits is far less than a petrol or diesel car noise...just different

Still cant hear anything :unsure: I was stood next to the car when my missus drove out of the garage today!!! I'll admit being an old *art & my hearing is pants these days :D Is it a case of younger people hearing a high frequency sound more than an older person?

I had a look at the settings menu yesterday & switched the pedestrian alert off then on again & I can definitely hear it now :)
Sounds like a clapped out star trek vacuum cleaner :D

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom