Does the ZS and MG5 emmit a sound at low speeds?

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
People on Facebook have said they email a sound, I've never noticed any sound on my MG5 and aparently it's a legal requirement now?

Yes. There is a sound.
Most ICE drivers find it hard to hear this sound at first but with time you will hear it.
You may put a question on the Monday Podcast question board for @MilesperkWh or at @Mike if you still have concerns about your sound emitter.

People on Facebook have said they email a sound, I've never noticed any sound on my MG5 and aparently it's a legal requirement now?
When I first received my MG5 I drove it around the block with the windows down. There is definitely a SiFi-esque UFO sound a low speeds.

I wish the sound was customisable, like a mobiles ringtone. Imagine fiddling with your mates work van and having it play the Laurel and Hardy theme at low speeds :D

I think you can do this in the Tesla's. I'm sure I saw something on Youtube but, like most things, someone will find a way to 'hack' into the car. Hopefully, they'll post it online because it'll be a giggle to see people's reactions! 🤣

Cheers

Bloggsy

You can do it on the Model 3 - it wears thin after a bit.

Trouble with that approach is that someone is bound to upload a silent audio file hence removing the safety feature that is there for a reason after all. I'd go for one of those industrial klaxons, I reckon that would work.

Last edited:
It’s interesting because on some cars you can permanently turn it off. On the ZS you can turn it off - which sort of defeats the objective even though it resets each time you restart.

Dont know if you can turn it off on the MG5 but not interested in turning it off anyway. I like the sound and if it saves 1 life then thats enough for me

I got my partner to drive it and yes the MG5 does emit a sound. I never noticed until people on here said. I like it, it's futuristic.

Dont know if you can turn it off on the MG5 but not interested in turning it off anyway. I like the sound and if it saves 1 life then thats enough for me
Yes I know what you mean - I guess that’s my point, if it so important why have the function to switch it off?

I used to go to the gym at 4 o'clock in the morning, before work, when I was younger (and slimmer and even more daft than I am now!) so I suppose it would be handy to switch off the sound as I'm leaving the estate so as not to disturb my neighbours.

I used to get moaned at because I had a motorbike then and when I fired it up at that time in the morning, the engine could be heard around the whole area! :oops: Eventually, I resorted to having to push my motorbike out of the estate before starting it!

It's amazing how, at 4 in the morning, there's no 'background' noise so the slightest sound is amplified and seems like a racket.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom