Draught from rear on Trophy

Goldie007

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
We have noticed a draft coming from the rear of the car and a whistle noise when we picked up the car. Wondered if anyone else has had this

You don't seem to be having much luck so far, the draft is a new one, is it a trophy? I believe some members have been experiencing noises due to the spoiler being loose (manifest itself at speed)
Where is the draft coming from high or low?

Feels like its coming from high up. Just been out to look at the spoiler and it is loose so something else to get sorted

I experienced the same when I tested the MG4 Trophy earlier this week. The dealer said he got several comments about it, but he couldn't hear it himself. My dad, sitting in the passenger seat when I drove the car, also couldn't hear the noise.

It's a whistling noise, it sounds like it's coming from the rear at speeds of 75-85kph (46-53mph), and it's hard to pinpoint the source.

I didn't get any explanation. I have one on order, gambling that they fix the noise on future models.

I had the same and complained about it for a couple of days until my wife said is the the back window open slightly….. yep just a few mm 🥱

Feels like its coming from high up. Just been out to look at the spoiler and it is loose so something else to get sorted
What temperature do you have your HVAC set? When I first got my car I was setting at 21 to 23 as I have in every other car I’ve owned but that was far too cold in the MG4 and it was blowing a lot of cold air. Many owners have found the same and are having to set temp to 25 or 26 on cold days (This is without HVAC eco mode on) Could this be your issue?

It was someone sat in the rear seats that said they heard a rattle and felt a draft. I have felt a draft in the front passenger seat and just presume its the same draft so to speak. I will test it tomorrow. The spoiler is loose and when you lift it there is a lot of water coming from under the brake light.

It was someone sat in the rear seats that said they heard a rattle and felt a draft. I have felt a draft in the front passenger seat and just presume its the same draft so to speak. I will test it tomorrow. The spoiler is loose and when you lift it there is a lot of water coming from under the brake light.
I am noticing an annoying rattle when someone has the rear seat belt plugged in. It seems to do it on both sides, only when seatbelt in use. Had another rattle from the boot lock mechanism, dealer sorted that by tightening up the latch.

I am going to ask a daft question now. Another thing I have noticed is what I would describe as a big clunk noise when systems come alive. Sit in the seat and the displays come on the. A few seconds later this clunk noise from under the bonnet.

I am going to ask a daft question now. Another thing I have noticed is what I would describe as a big clunk noise when systems come alive. Sit in the seat and the displays come on the. A few seconds later this clunk noise from under the bonnet.
That doesn’t sound right. The car was completely silent when I test drove it upon starting.

Mine makes various noises on start up. There are cooling pumps potentially starting up etc. you should have your dealer listen if noises sound concerning to you.

I am noticing an annoying rattle when someone has the rear seat belt plugged in. It seems to do it on both sides, only when seatbelt in use. Had another rattle from the boot lock mechanism, dealer sorted that by tightening up the latch.
I'm not being funny but what did they check during the PDI

I'm not being funny but what did they check during the PDI
To be fair, I don’t think rattle from seatbelt or boot was there when I 1st got it and they will look at the seatbelt one for me, boot latch sorted. I had the exact same seatbelt rattle on the Volvo XC60 from front passenger seatbelt, they ended up recalling those for seatbelt replacement.

Strange one has to be something that has play in it once the seatbelt is engaged

We have noticed a draft coming from the rear of the car and a whistle noise when we picked up the car. Wondered if anyone else has had this
I have had my Trophy since October and just this week for the first time could hear a whistling sound coming from behind the passenger seat, at first I thought it was the rear window open, but check and it was fully closed. This was now getting to me and stopped and literally opened all doors and slammed them all closed. Got back in and drove off, no more whistling sound? No idea what the problem was, maybe the rear door wasn’t shut 100%. I have checked the spoiler which seems fixed ok, has some play.

We’ve noticed a noise from the rear of the car, but eventually noticed that we sometimes catch the rear window buttons when getting in and out. For us it was an inadvertent switch operation causing the problem. I’m quite a short bloke, perhaps I catch it as I clamber over the large sill!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back