• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

ECU Module version spreadsheet

It's still balancing by the way.. lol :sleep:
Just as I said that.. it finished haha.
Screenshot_20210417-202851_ZS EV.jpg

Went into Frasers of Falkirk, spoke about the BMS update, they are not interested in updating it if they have not had notification from MG that my VIN requires it ( I bid read that MG UK have either contacted or in the process of contacting any customers who had the faulty BMS), they were not prepared to discuss which BMS I had and which one I should have, if it did not have the October BMS there is no problem😠, so battery still at 450/470v, also if you are thinking of taking out the service contract, don't go for the cheaper option as altho MG seem to think the only difference to the service is the delay of replacing parts in the 10000-mile service which make it cheaper the Dealers seem to have made their minds up that it will be a far smaller service with many of the normal service checks missing including diagnostic checks, which I was not happy about, I have bitten the bullet and gone for the 5-year service plan, which will protect my costs for the five years.

That's a shame about the BMS. I don't know if it's because we only got the car last month that I have been assured that if I wanted the BMS updating, they'd do it for me. However, I told Wullie (the Edinburgh Sales Manager) I'd continue monitoring how the car's going for now and I'm waiting to see how Septian's getting on as he's just changed his BMS to the latest.

I've got to admit, so far, I've not had any issues - the car drives well, with good range and charges as expected and my battery cell difference is only 9mV which, I believe, is 'nothing'!

Cheers

Bloggsy

In mid-December, It'll be interesting now there is unlimited travel, I have not been able to give it a long run since I picked it up, and I fully intend to give it a run for its money🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for that Septian
Mine is the R28, did they say what would change with your new EU1 update?

Thanks for that Septian
Mine is the R28, did they say what would change with your new EU1 update?
Not really, I just asked them to update it as the R28 was taking forever to balance. It drops the upper buffer by a certain percent and drops the lower buffer to make up the shortfall, it also allows regen braking to work with a higher battery charge. I think after a few weeks it'll be properly bedded in as the R28 version was "buggy not bad"

That's a shame about the BMS. I don't know if it's because we only got the car last month that I have been assured that if I wanted the BMS updating, they'd do it for me. However, I told Wullie (the Edinburgh Sales Manager) I'd continue monitoring how the car's going for now and I'm waiting to see how Septian's getting on as he's just changed his BMS to the latest.

I've got to admit, so far, I've not had any issues - the car drives well, with good range and charges as expected and my battery cell difference is only 9mV which, I believe, is 'nothing'!

Cheers

Bloggsy
9mV (0.009V) difference between min and max is absolutely amazing!!!
All my full charge/balances are between 0.016 and 0.019.

Well I plugged it in but I don't trust my Pod-Point to balance properly... as it only hit 93.2% and only put 1.2kw into the car even though I was down 2 bars.
I was at Full battery this morning according to the GOM however.
Truly doubt i had fully balanced.
I'd say at 0.021v difference, you're very nearly there but not quite. Anything less than 0.020 difference is considered balanced from my data experience.

Went into Frasers of Falkirk, spoke about the BMS update, they are not interested in updating it if they have not had notification from MG that my VIN requires it ( I bid read that MG UK have either contacted or in the process of contacting any customers who had the faulty BMS), they were not prepared to discuss which BMS I had and which one I should have, if it did not have the October BMS there is no problem😠, so battery still at 450/470v, also if you are thinking of taking out the service contract, don't go for the cheaper option as altho MG seem to think the only difference to the service is the delay of replacing parts in the 10000-mile service which make it cheaper the Dealers seem to have made their minds up that it will be a far smaller service with many of the normal service checks missing including diagnostic checks, which I was not happy about, I have bitten the bullet and gone for the 5-year service plan, which will protect my costs for the five years.
I think you're going to have to say it's taking forever to balance, then they'll update it.

9mV (0.009V) difference between min and max is absolutely amazing!!!
All my full charge/balances are between 0.016 and 0.019.

From what I've read and seen on the forum I am very fortunate! Obviously, with the car being only a month old and having only done 1 rapid charge (for 40 mins) and leaving the car on charge with plenty of time to balance, has helped! 😁

However, I wonder how long this will last? :unsure: I'm still considering getting the newest BMS but, at the moment, everything's working fine (obviously, I can't have regen braking after I fully charge the car as the battery's already full)!

Cheers

Bloggsy

I'd say at 0.021v difference, you're very nearly there but not quite. Anything less than 0.020 difference is considered balanced from my data experience.
Very Very nearly lol, It now finishes before 5pm.
My Mon-Fri procedure is, arrive at 09:00 and plug in. Leave for lunch around 12:00, reconnect around 12:30-13:00. By 5pm it has now stopped balancing. Which is a 2 hour improvement as 2 months ago it was taking until 7pm.

Ok, so It was 2c this morning on the way to work and usually that means that my MpkWh is really low (usually 2.3-2.5) however on arriving at work it was actually 3, so not sure if that is to do with the update but was rather pleased.

I cannot spot any reason why it doesn't always charge to the exact same voltage and/or SOC, recently I'm capturing a bit more data when I can of start/end charge time and balance - to try to figure it out.
I need to get all 9 cell voltages I think maybe to figure it out.

Looking at the 9 individual voltages would have been my instinct too.

Just a stab in the dark: the SOC seems to be rising in a fairly consistent pattern from 92 to 94. Perhaps the BMS did that on purpose, slowly, to protect some of the cells from being overcharged. With internal variations getting smaller over time the SOC can increase.

Had my car in with Toomey Basildon (more on that later in the dealer forum!), picked up on the 28th March

Had s/w upgrade all that has changed is

BMS 0210622EU1
EVCC 1770124111
VCU brlv0450

I can now charge unlocked and the fully charged is 450v

Update on some of the columns

Timed charging Yes, always
Graphics no
Battery heater no
Car Model Exclusive

Had my car in with Toomey Basildon (more on that later in the dealer forum!), picked up on the 28th March

Had s/w upgrade all that has changed is

BMS 0210622EU1
EVCC 1770124111
VCU brlv0450

I can now charge unlocked and the fully charged is 450v

Update on some of the columns

Timed charging Yes, always
Graphics no
Battery heater no
Car Model Exclusive
You don’t need or want the battery heating update Mike Proctor will be able to explain more on that subject if needed...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom