First long journey in my zs ev Trophy long range

Hard to say.

Any aversion to stopping for a quick rapid top up? - or does your car not rapid charge like mine? 😄

Oh, That's a tough one in this cold weather!!
How many passengers? Heater - then possibly windscreen wipers, lights, hills and of course what speed are you aiming to drive at.
I'm going to say it'll be too tight so maybe factor in aiming for a rapid top up around the 160-180 mile mark.

Oh, That's a tough one in this cold weather!!
How many passengers? Heater - then possibly windscreen wipers, lights, hills and of course what speed are you aiming to drive at.
I'm going to say it'll be too tight so maybe factor in aiming for a rapid top up around the 160-180 mile mark.
Two passengers mostly Motorway 60mph average I hope the range says 270 but with all the extras on no idea how much would be drained. Hoping to be able to get there without charging

Yeah, go for it.
Faint heart never won fair maiden.
Or might it be she who is pointing out your recklessness when you are being taken to the next charger on the back of the recovery truck?? :ROFLMAO:
If yo're going by motorway, you're not going to be too far from a wee emergency top-up, anyway.

200 mile one way trip this week with the heater on most of the way and radio and other devices would I have any problem not to run out of juice
The usable battery capacity is 68.3kwh. This means that in order to do 200miles you will need to achieve a minimum of 2.93miles/KwHr. That’s your target to keep track of during the journey (probably add a little so say 3,1) , if you can hit that you’ll make it.

The usable battery capacity is 68.3kwh. This means that in order to do 200miles you will need to achieve a minimum of 2.93miles/KwHr. That’s your target to keep track of during the journey (probably add a little so say 3,1) , if you can hit that you’ll make it.
Thanks Cocijo that’s what I wanted to hear

200 mile one way trip this week with the heater on most of the way and radio and other devices would I have any problem not to run out of juice
The forecast has said that the temperatures are likely to increase next week, this will be a big help !.
If this is the first time you have conducted this journey in THIS car in similar weather conditions etc, then can I suggest that before you charge to 100%.
That you reset BOTH of your trip meters.
This will offer a closer predicted range, because you have cleared out any previously stored figures as historical data.
This would be my course of action.

I recently did 89 miles using 38% of the battery before recharging for a longer stage of the trip.

Outside temp = 0 to -2 Celcius. Cabin temp = 22 Celcius, fan speed 4. Mostly in ECO, but used normal on occasions to boost the HVAC.

Returning I charged to 55% and got home with 15%, which was 37% to do 80 miles. So that works out to 73% for 169 miles, all motorway at 65mph. Extrapolating that, 200 miles should use 86% of your battery. How I do it is to make sure I know where the chargers are near my destination, just in case, and then go for it.

Have fun. :)

Bear in mind, rapid charging with an already high soc can be tediously slow. It works best from low soc’s. You can use battery % - in fact whatever works for you, but the key is knowing your consumption for the journey in miles/kWh..

If my car is anything to go by you'd struggle to even hit that target in these temps.

I wouldn't worry, just forget about the range and stop once for a bit to charge.

If my car is anything to go by you'd struggle to even hit that target in these temps.

I wouldn't worry, just forget about the range and stop once for a bit to charge.
I’ve no experience of the LR ZS. But my mk1 ZS would achieve 3+miles/KwHr in winter if I kept the speed down at around 60mph as the op intends. It’s going to be much warmer next week too..

As others have said, aim for around 3 miles per kWh but think about what to do when you arrive since you will have a low SOC and I assume need to drive back at some stage.

Personally, I would do a quick tactical charge whilst having a comfort break so you will arrive with a decent safety buffer and some range to get to a charger for the journey home. Also, if you are rapid charging for the journey home you are unlikely to be able to charge to 100% so will need a charging stop on your return journey. If you plan a stop on the outbound journey, use the same stop on the return journey?

I’ve got the same one as you. You’ll need to top up or else you’ll get run out anxiety. 15 minutes at Starbucks should push an extra 40 mikes in. If it’s your first journey and you start at 273 your car will adjust to the realistic 210 I current get in the cold but on motorway more like 190. Once you get down to 30 mikes your car will start to give you warning. I love my car but won’t let it get below 30 for safety.

Possibly will if you take it easy, but I'd identify a couple of locations around 150 -180 miles out, just in case you need one. Don't want to be searching around on empty!

Hi, I am easily coming to a 220 miles plus on a motorway with all the heaters, music, lights, etc ON all the time, given I don't drive faster than 50-55 mph. Same model, long range battery

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom