:) First Member to post their delivery/pick-up of the MG4 :)

Which colour MG4 have you ordered?

• White

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Black

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Red

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
View attachment 10940
Current poll very interesting …like some others, thought the Orange would have been very much in front …… go grey-go!! Always a great colour in my view….as you know, if you have seen some of my posts, love the grey (did not see it well ahead of the game though),

surprised re: the Black and White (well I am a Toon Supporter LOL), my own thoughts are …White is the best!! It always looks good, even when dirty…..Black is the ultimate!!!!! But for only hours 😔.

Thank you so much lads and Lasses, thus far, for contributing to this thread and Poll.

Much appreciated. 👍
We have gone for white for exactly this reason. Current car is black and I was under strict instructions at the time to "get anything so long as it is not black", so would have definitely been for the chop this time if we had black again!

We have gone for white for exactly this reason. Current car is black and I was under strict instructions at the time to "get anything so long as it is not black", so would have definitely been for the chop this time if we had black again!
A fine choice, love my white MG4, it looks smart, it’s safe for resale, and for me, it’s cheaper! 😂

Also it was charged to 100% (Trophy LR), which is a bit of a concern, I wonder how much they know about EV charging recommendations.
What's the problem charging it to 100% if it's going to be running around all day doing test drives?

What's the problem charging it to 100% if it's going to be running around all day doing test drives?
Nothing a few times, but not recommended constantly, so if someone bought this as an ex-demo could affect battery life, although the warranty protects them. I think the reason they were doing this is that they have only one Type2 charger on site and I imagine a day of test drives would use up most of the battery.

Also it was charged to 100% (Trophy LR), which is a bit of a concern, I wonder how much they know about EV charging recommendations.
Nothing particularly wrong with charging to 100% if they knew it was going to be used for test drives etc.

The example I saw in the showroom yesterday was showing a SoC of just 1%. Assuming I haven't mis-read the screen that is more worrying.

Yes, really people should focus on 20-80% range between long distance stops. SR can charge to 100% every time but will take an age to get from 80-100%.
I guess people have to determine the range they're comfortable with.

With my current cars, I regularly go down to ~5% (Turtle Mode) - but they have small batteries. And I will charge as long as is sensible... on my Ioniq Classic that's 82% (where charging performance drops significantly) if I'm in a hurry / just stopping to charge, but may be 94% if I stop for Lunch.

I wouldn't anticipate to use 60% of the battery only, but expect to use at least the 10 to 80% range.... but it all depends on charging performance, hence I'm so eager to finally see some real world data :)

I'm a lover of keeping my phone and watch charged up to 100% every day, as well as topping up the petrol tank until its spilling out. 80% is the new 100% by the sound of things, it may take me a while to get used to it...

I'm a lover of keeping my phone and watch charged up to 100% every day, as well as topping up the petrol tank until its spilling out. 80% is the new 100% by the sound of things, it may take me a while to get used to it...
Unless you have a SE, that doesn’t mind being charged to100%.

it may take me a while to get used to it...
To be fair, I don't think it's as big of a deal as some people make it.

I drive five and nine year old EVs and their batteries are in very good condition still. I know plenty of people that don't roam forums and get all worked up about battery care, but plug in and charge to 100% every night.

The BMS is supposed to be able to deal with that.
You're not getting "true" 100% anyway (61.4kWh Net of 64kWh Gross) and charging to 100% every now and then (usually once a month) is even recommended for balancing the cells.

The suggestion is not to keep the battery at 100% for a long time / if you park for a week or three. Charging to 100% when you use it the next day, should be fine.

Also it usually doesn't make sense to charge to 100% when stopping during a long distance trip, because the charge rate will usually drop significantly after about 80% and it's more efficient to stop another time (and as courtesy to others willing to use the charger)...

So if you travel, charge to 100% at home, stop at 10, charge to 80, stop at 10... when you get home, charge to 80 if you're not going to be using the range for a while, or 100 if you are. Simples.

I also believe the MG4 (at least the trophy) can be set to a charging limit of 80%, so if you want to keep it at 80, you can configure that and still plug in and forget about it every night. Then you'd be right:

80% is the new 100%

Just about to pop out, it’s a little chilly so I’ll go on the i-smart, set the temperature and “hey presto” toasty car 😊👍
360 camera was the biggest factor for us. We had one on a previous car, lack on our current and it is the biggest thing we miss.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 522 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back