:) First Member to post their delivery/pick-up of the MG4 :)

Which colour MG4 have you ordered?

• White

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Black

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Red

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
To be fair, I don't think it's as big of a deal as some people make it.

I drive five and nine year old EVs and their batteries are in very good condition still. I know plenty of people that don't roam forums and get all worked up about battery care, but plug in and charge to 100% every night.

The BMS is supposed to be able to deal with that and charging to 100% every now and then (usually once a month) is even recommended for balancing the cells.

The suggestion is not to keep the battery at 100% for a long time / if you park for a week or three. Charging to 100% when you use it the next day, should be fine.

Also it usually doesn't make sense to charge to 100% when stopping during a long distance trip, because the charge rate will usually drop significantly after about 80% and it's more efficient to stop another time (and as courtesy to others willing to use the charger)...

So if you travel, charge to 100% at home, stop at 10, charge to 80, stop at 10... when you get home, charge to 80 if you're not going to be using the range for a while, or 100 if you are. Simples.

I also believe the MG4 (at least the trophy) can be set to a charging limit of 80%, so if you want to keep it at 80, you can configure that and still plug in and forget about it every night. Then you'd be right:
I think this makes sense as well : If you constantly charge to 100% you won't get any benefit from regen braking

Could the SE owners give me a heads up on the seats please. thers' another thread on here that suggests that they might not be great!

I've got a white SE Std range apparently arriving in November.

This subject has been done to death and is covered very very well by @MichaelJHunt on many threads.

Upshot is, nowt wrong with charging to 100% especially if you are not storing it to 100%

I will be not bothered if in a charge overnight it gets to 60/70/80/90/100 % ready from my following days use.

There is no point to me that by paying extra of increased range, only then to not use the increased range. Utter madness to me 😁

Last edited:
Could the SE owners give me a heads up on the seats please. thers' another thread on here that suggests that they might not be great!

I've got a white SE Std range apparently arriving in November.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the seats, I find them quite comfy,
White SE SR, good choice, amazing value.

Just about to pop out, it’s a little chilly so I’ll go on the i-smart, set the temperature and “hey presto” toasty car 😊👍
It's great isn't it? Just wait until your neighbours are out there scraping snow and ice off their cars whilst you do yours while you're having your Shreddies🙂

Been enjoying that with the Outlander for 7 years - there's no going back!

I'm seriously beginning to consider changing to that model from Trophy.
I suppose it’s choices really, when I decided to change from my MG5 it was a decision purely made on value,
Loved my MG5 excite and had no real intention to change but when the price of the MG4 was released I couldn’t resist.
With resale price of electric being silly I achieved £2000 more than I paid a year ago with 8000 more miles on the clock.
I don’t need the bells and whistles so the SE SR was the obvious choice for me at £25995.
The bonus for me personally is white was my first choice anyway, with the black trim and added privacy glass it works for me.
Having said that, the Trophy is certainly a stunning car.

Home safe and sound, stunning car 😀

Attachments

• 20220928_171833.jpg
    20220928_171833.jpg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 219
I am remembering from test drive with car at 100% it felt like it was doing regen from the start. Could it be blending in the brakes? Took several miles before it showed 99%.
~I have no idea TSedge :)

I would suggest that the moment the battery discharges from what ever percent beit 100, the the regen will put little juicettes. Back into the battery.

Picked my car up yesterday, but didn’t have time to post til now. Lots of features that most test drivers got wrong. Eg it is a doddle to control the air con and drive modes, cruise control and Regen braking from the steering wheel with no screen input needed while driving

Attachments

• 79984DF5-C2B9-4820-B5CE-0CF6BC3DDC9B.jpeg
    79984DF5-C2B9-4820-B5CE-0CF6BC3DDC9B.jpeg
    869 KB · Views: 211
  • EFFAF90D-B730-439B-91C4-64BF6E107138.jpeg
    EFFAF90D-B730-439B-91C4-64BF6E107138.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 202
Picked my car up yesterday, but didn’t have time to post til now. Lots of features that most test drivers got wrong. Eg it is a doddle to control the air con and drive modes, cruise control and Regen braking from the steering wheel with no screen input needed while driving
can someone start saying negative things about this car please? that way there may be cancellations and I might get mine quicker :)

can someone start saying negative things about this car please? that way there may be cancellations and I might get mine quicker :)
😂😂

well the “lens cover“ in plastic on the rear tail gate cluster is pants to be fair. I can see that getting scratched to ribbons and discolouring over time. From a distance look great! Up close looks pants! Imho.

Plus I envisage getting stopped by the coppers a fair bit due to the colour. So that will add time to my journeys 😁

This ismart app is bloody addictive!! I must have logged in and tried stuff about fifty times today! It is akin to my daughter and son in law, bringing our grandchild to see us over a weekend and having a baby monitor 🤣.

OC House: - “what are you doing dear?”

Me: : ”oh! Just checking on Tango”

OC House: - “what?”

Me: - “just checking her tyre pressures dear”

OC House: - “why”?

Me:_ “No reason dear, just wondering if the ambient temperature may have indicated they need a feed”

OC House: - “you know that you your Grandaughter is crying”?

Me: - “no dear, I thought that was the car” ……

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back