• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

:) First Member to post their delivery/pick-up of the MG4 :)

Which colour MG4 have you ordered?

• White

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Black

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Red

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
Did you get a good deal from NFU?
NFU also couldn’t find any MG4. However their agent on the phone was very good. He’s forwarded the details to their underwriters and will get back to me tomorrow. Others on this forum have been successful with NFU so hopefully will be sorted tomorrow. Also emailed MG directly asking why their customers couldn’t insure their cars…. no response as yet

Sorry , do you mean the whole seat?
Did you accept the car?
Yes i did mention the whole seat and yes I did accept the car i need for work but it got no sat nav no apple car play the Dealership don’t know how to put it right waiting on MG I ordered another trophy in blue I may need to cancel if there don’t Sort issue out soon as Mrs needs the car for work

In China the MG4 is called the Mulan, after a legendary folk heroine. Anyway, probably because I’ve been scouring YouTube for reviews of the MG4, the algorithm has presented me with lots of Chinese ones. I noticed this interesting colour available in China.
0677A74C-E111-4938-B625-41EE69D16576.png

In China the MG4 is called the Mulan, after a legendary folk heroine. Anyway, probably because I’ve been scouring YouTube for reviews of the MG4, the algorithm has presented me with lots of Chinese ones. I noticed this interesting colour available in China.
View attachment 11391
I believe that is going to be the colour of the 4x4 twin motor MG4 Triumph Edition.

Picked my car up yesterday, but didn’t have time to post til now. Lots of features that most test drivers got wrong. Eg it is a doddle to control the air con and drive modes, cruise control and Regen braking from the steering wheel with no screen input needed while driving
How have you found the drowsiness warning? Another thread seems to indicate it's a total nightmare going off all the time

Well I made the mistake of putting into custom when I picked it up. But i selected sport on the horses power when i meant to select normal (i selected sport / heavy for the steering wheel, cause well…. I like it 😂). So yesterday i only got 3.4 KWh.

Today however, i was quite light footed (but a few little plays on the dual C/W for some short stints to put a smile on my face and had most other cars eating an MG badge :) and I got 4.1 KWh over the 80 miles after resetting It.

Is this good?
So little update today:

drove the car a bit more like an ICE today. Total miles today, was 40.

So started this morning at 06:50hrs with a 10 minute preheat to 28 degrees with driver seat set to medium heat.

Had to drive to the office with the heating on at around 22 degrees to maintain the clear windscreen, due to OAT (outside Air Temp).

drove back with heater on for last 10 miles with demist on.

Total KWh was 3.7, did get stuck in slow moving traffic which helped this figure crawl back up from a low of 3.5KWh. All in heavy rain.

Just plugged her in and am testing a charge up to 90% ready for tomorrow (current charge at 38*%) via App and via Schedule charge set for 23:00hrs to 06:00hrs, to try out the charging app rather than setting the Zappi up.

Hope this is of help. 👍🍺

Has anyone confirmed what the "uprated" Trophy headlights do yet ? I think I saw a post where somebody said they are the MG equivalent of the VW matrix lights, but don't think they owned the car.
Would be good to get a Trophy owner to confirm or maybe put a video of them up on youtube in operation - Passenger filming of course..

Has anyone confirmed what the "uprated" Trophy headlights do yet ? I think I saw a post where somebody said they are the MG equivalent of the VW matrix lights, but don't think they owned the car.
Would be good to get a Trophy owner to confirm or maybe put a video of them up on youtube in operation - Passenger filming of course..
Not done a night time drive yet….too busy drinking wine and poking out the window and just smiling :)

not whilst driving I hasten to add. 😂

For instance latest pic……..

Attachments

• 6C5479F6-27F2-40AB-8A8A-075C9CDA76F1.jpeg
    6C5479F6-27F2-40AB-8A8A-075C9CDA76F1.jpeg
    942.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
In regard to the Trophy lights, not driven at night yet but doubt they are like matrix lights. There are multiple leds mounted in the bottom of the light cluster shining upwards onto reflectors to direct the beams ahead. I think that may be the only difference to projector lights in the SE which I assume illuminate forwards through a lens. Please correct me if any of that is wrong.

I saw a video earlier of a Trophy which had a manual headlight levelling dial. I thought all LED headlights were auto levelling. My previous 3 cars have had LED head lights and all auto levelled. Obviously not the case for all cars though.

I am sure that matrix headlight would not have manual levelling as that is all done by the electronics and sensors.. So, I would assume that the MG4 does not have matrix tech.

Shame, as I have them on my current car and they are amazing, but need to remember the MG4 price point...

If anybody can tell me what I should check for I can inspect the trophy lights in the dark. They’re very crisp in the dark drive I’ve just done but I can’t tell you the difference to the SE. Compared to my old Mondeo they don’t self level or turn with the steering. There’s a manual level adjust dial.

I saw a video earlier of a Trophy which had a manual headlight levelling dial. I thought all LED headlights were auto levelling. My previous 3 cars have had LED head lights and all auto levelled. Obviously not the case for all cars though.

I am sure that matrix headlight would not have manual levelling as that is all done by the electronics and sensors.. So, I would assume that the MG4 does not have matrix tech.

Shame, as I have them on my current car and they are amazing, but need to remember the MG4 price point...
My current Zoe 50 has LED headlights and a manual levelling dial.

Obligatory new car pics. I’m happy 🙂

Attachments

• BE6CFDB5-2C93-4571-80A7-DBD5F22EFA3F.jpeg
    BE6CFDB5-2C93-4571-80A7-DBD5F22EFA3F.jpeg
    844.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 3AA38353-A3AC-4BFE-A1E8-070454BB9E57.jpeg
    3AA38353-A3AC-4BFE-A1E8-070454BB9E57.jpeg
    778.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 5009E044-7A3D-4EC8-A1D6-E201B4B7499E.jpeg
    5009E044-7A3D-4EC8-A1D6-E201B4B7499E.jpeg
    700.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 88906D3D-8E89-4BA5-8771-77FB7F34BB2E.jpeg