:) First Member to post their delivery/pick-up of the MG4 :)

Which colour MG4 have you ordered?

• White

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Black

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Red

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
can someone start saying negative things about this car please? that way there may be cancellations and I might get mine quicker :)
This ismart app is bloody addictive!! I must have logged in and tried stuff about fifty times today! It is akin to my daughter and son in law, bringing our grandchild to see us over a weekend and having a baby monitor 🤣.

OC House: - “what are you doing dear?”

Me: : ”oh! Just checking on Tango”

OC House: - “what?”

Me: - “just checking her tyre pressures dear”

OC House: - “why”?

Me:_ “No reason dear, just wondering if the ambient temperature may have indicated they need a feed”

OC House: - “you know that you your Grandaughter is crying”?

Me: - “no dear, I thought that was the car” ……
Oh my goodness…love it 😂

This ismart app is bloody addictive!! I must have logged in and tried stuff about fifty times today! It is akin to my daughter and son in law, bringing our grandchild to see us over a weekend and having a baby monitor 🤣.

OC House: - “what are you doing dear?”

Me: : ”oh! Just checking on Tango”

OC House: - “what?”

Me: - “just checking her tyre pressures dear”

OC House: - “why”?

Me:_ “No reason dear, just wondering if the ambient temperature may have indicated they need a feed”

OC House: - “you know that you your Grandaughter is crying”?

Me: - “no dear, I thought that was the car” ……
Enjoy every moment

I am remembering from test drive with car at 100% it felt like it was doing regen from the start. Could it be blending in the brakes? Took several miles before it showed 99%.
When i first got my ZS EV there was no regenerative braking when charged to 100%. This was a bit off putting especially coming up to a junction etc. After a few miles the regen would kick in again.

However, after a software update regen now works when I have charged to 100%. Apparently it was something to do with the battery levels Which although it says 100% I think that there is a bit of spare capacity. Please don’t shoot me down as I am not an expert and I don’t really understand it all, I just get in the car and enjoy the drive.

I expect that MG have done some similar with the MG4 - there again I am probably wrong!

Sounds like they didn't complete the full PDI before you collected, they should do all software updates and make sure everything is working for you. Put some pressure on your dealer to get this working for you.
They did say everything was working when I collected the car they also said there are some issues with the entertainment system and they’re going to try to sort it out when I don’t know

Could the SE owners give me a heads up on the seats please. thers' another thread on here that suggests that they might not be great!

I've got a white SE Std range apparently arriving in November.
I’ve got MG4 trophy The passenger seat have a groove down the middle of the base Mg Plymouth said that MG May not do anything about it because they would have to replace do you seat

Hi all
I'm new to EVs and MGs. But today managed to bag one of the first in Northern Ireland. Black Trophy. Looking forward to delivery next week. Having issues with insurance, my current insurer wont insure it as not on their system. Trying NFU now.

IMG_7700.jpeg

It lashed it down on my way back from work today. Combination of dual C/W and country lanes. Did a total round trip today of 80 miles.

the rear screen was fine and not too dirty at all.

I think with a bit of RainEx treatment, the lack of a rear wiper will not be an issue.

It lashed it down on my way back from work today. Combination of dual C/W and country lanes. Did a total round trip today of 80 miles.

the rear screen was fine and not too dirty at all.

I think with a bit of RainEx treatment, the lack of a rear wiper will not be an issue.
What do you think of it Harry? Efficiency ok?

What do you think of it Harry? Efficiency ok?
Well I made the mistake of putting into custom when I picked it up. But i selected sport on the horses power when i meant to select normal (i selected sport / heavy for the steering wheel, cause well…. I like it 😂). So yesterday i only got 3.4 KWh.

Today however, i was quite light footed (but a few little plays on the dual C/W for some short stints to put a smile on my face and had most other cars eating an MG badge :) and I got 4.1 KWh over the 80 miles after resetting It.

Is this good?

Well I made the mistake of putting into custom when I picked it up. But i selected sport on the horses power when i meant to select normal (i selected sport / heavy for the steering wheel, cause well…. I like it 😂). So yesterday i only got 3.4 KWh.

Today however, i was quite light footed (but a few little plays on the dual C/W for some short stints to put a smile on my face and had most other cars eating an MG badge :) and I got 4.1 KWh over the 80 miles after resetting It.

Is this good?
Got to be happy with 4... Manufacturer claims 3.8 I think.

Happy days😁

Got to be happy with 4... Manufacturer claims 3.8 I think.

Happy days😁
Bar some quick throttle actions, I was quite gentle for the rest of the mileage.

45 pence a business mile…… Happy days 🤣

EDIT: I should add, whilst this slowed me down on site visits, all on works time, so as they say…..”when your marching, you’re not fighting”

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel