:) First Member to post their delivery/pick-up of the MG4 :)

Which colour MG4 have you ordered?

• White

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Black

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Red

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
Yeah, I got a bit of grief from SWMBO, IC House, re that one. But as I was paying…..unbelievable isn’t it!!!! I ‘asked’ that I be left alone to do the deAl !!!!!

We got here in the end, I know that there is nowt on the table at the moment, the reality of getting a brand new car within weeks is worth a few quid in itself ……. Here’s hoping 👍
Totally agree 👍

The wait is over for me, tomorrow at 1:00pm I’m picking up my MG4 SESR in Artic white, so excited !
when I saw it this morning I was really impressed and so were others in the dealership, staff came over to have a look at the little gem.
1:01pm interrupt handover procedure to post obligatory handshake pic to forum and claim Harry's t-shirt😁

I take it all back, apparently our blue trophy is off the boat and waiting for pre-delivery checks. Doesn’t sound like our dealer did a good deal on delivery dates for customer vehicles though, expecting mid-October.

Just got off the phone with MG Cardiff(Nathaniel’s), very disappointed.
I was originally told my order number had been processed and my choice of Volcanic Orange was confirmed for end of September. I’ve just been told the system is still stating TBA, and now they’re saying they have no idea what stock they will receive, demo turning up tomorrow.
Stupidly sold my car a week ago
, believing what I had been told. Probably going to have to hire a car for a week or two, if it is a week or two?
Really poor launch PR.

I was originally told my order number had been processed and my choice of Volcanic Orange was confirmed for end of September. I’ve just been told the system is still stating TBA, and now they’re saying they have no idea what stock they will receive, demo turning up tomorrow.
, believing what I had been told. Probably going to have to hire a car for a week or two, if it is a week or two?
Really poor launch PR.
I'm disappointed for you. My dealer said that each dealer had no idea what the colour/spec make up would be of their initial allocation, so I was always surprised when I read here that people's dealers knew exactly what they were getting.

It all seems very random. Some dealers seem to have their demo cars already (or this weekend), whereas some, including mine, are still waiting to find out when they'll arrive!

I'm disappointed for you. My dealer said that each dealer had no idea what the colour/spec make up would be of their initial allocation, so I was always surprised when I read here that people's dealers knew exactly what they were getting.

It all seems very random. Some dealers seem to have their demo cars already (or this weekend), whereas some, including mine, are still waiting to find out when they'll arrive!
To add to this I reflected the allocation problems back to MG. Just received an email where they effectively have washed their hands with it blaming the dealer and telling me to take it up with them.

Doesn't fill me with confidence in the brand if they're willing to throw the dealers under the bus despite them doing the distribution.

Really poor launch PR.
We're in the same situation, although we've got a ZS EV hire car from Elmo so need to do a quick change.

I'll be there tomorrow for the test drive so they must have a quick turnaround for PDI.

Let's hope that it all works out - I'm not sure I'm going to hang around with dates pushed back and back until Sep 2023!

31st August he called to say i was getting what i ordered. I haven't booked a test drive. I'm going all in blind! I do need to confirm a part ex price for puma though and am hoping they honour online valuation which was competitive
Test drive confirmed for tomorrow so they a have a demo vehicle (not sure if its theirs or come accross from Erdington). Hopefully your car isn't far away.

Test drive confirmed for tomorrow so they a have a demo vehicle (not sure if its theirs or come accross from Erdington). Hopefully your car isn't far away.
31st August he called to say i was getting what i ordered. I haven't booked a test drive. I'm going all in blind! I do need to confirm a part ex price for puma though and am hoping they honour online valuation which was competitive
I got a really good price for my puma a week or so ago, I got £1500 more than the webuyanycar offer by going to Arnold clarks which I was more than happy with. Surviving with just the wife's i10 for now and keeping fingers crossed for an MG4 delivery in a few weeks

Last edited:
Cool. Enjoy. I am going in tomorrow to discuss p/x so I'll hopefully get to see one in the flesh even if mines not there yet.

"the best 10mm spanner to buy and more importantly, where to store it"

Answers, on a postcard please, to Harry 😂

This was my solution 😉

16B82DB5-AD67-4FB4-AAA2-DE55E138E9E0.jpeg

Well it seems in all the excitement @Lespresso has decided to post his handover pic taking delivery of his new MG4, on a different thread.

Not being a sour-puss, the deal still stands, he is indeed the first person to post his pic on our forum, and therefore subsequently he gets the T-shirt from me, should he want it.

So Les, hoy me your choice and your size and your addy in a PM to me, and I will make good on the deal.

Thanks everyone else for a very entertaining thread. I hope to see many more ‘hand over pics’, in the very near future 👍x

whey-hey!!!!! They do exist!!! 😁

One happy bunny,😊😊😊
794D20F8-E018-4214-9E21-1A1E11F8EB15.jpeg

Hey Forum.

I thought it would be a bit of fun for this forum’s members to take part in a poll and to post their pics of the time and place they pick-up / have delivered, the first MG4, on these boards. Extra kudos to dealership hand over photo :)

Thought it would be also interesting to ascertain the members colour choices, no need for trim, as an aside to ascertain which member gets their car first.

Also be interesting so see, out of the 1000 first batch of MG4’s, how many go to members of the MGEVs Community :)

As an incentive, I offer to purchase the winning member (going off the date and time posted), an MG T-shirt, purchased from the forums very own ’Merch” thread/shop. The winning members postal details, I will garner from contact via ‘PM’.

In the the extraordinary event, that I am first to post…… I expect the ‘Mods’ will send me a T-shirt out !!! 😁.

SO, hopefully this becomes a daft laugh for S!!*ts and giggles, but will be of interest to hopefully some re: the MG4 uptake on here.

Cheers

H 17.
794D20F8-E018-4214-9E21-1A1E11F8EB15.jpeg

Well it seems in all the excitement @Lespresso has decided to post his handover pic taking delivery of his new MG4, on a different thread.

Not being a sour-puss, the deal still stands, he is indeed the first person to post his pic on our forum, and therefore subsequently he gets the T-shirt from me, should he want it.

So Les, hoy me your choice and your size and your addy in a PM to me, and I will make good on the deal.

Thanks everyone else for a very entertaining thread. I hope to see many more ‘hand over pics’, in the very near future 👍x

whey-hey!!!!! They do exist!!! 😁
I will be honoured to be the recipient of such a prestigious prize and will certainly wear it with pride.
i’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone concerned, my wife and my cat Sparky all that have posted on the forum,
this is indeed a truly emotional experience, thank you, thankyou, thankyou.
( too much) ? 😊

Last edited:
I will be honoured to be the recipient of such a prestigious prize and will certainly wear it with pride.
i’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone concerned, my wife and my cat Sparky all that have posted on the forum,
this is indeed a truly emotional experience, thank you, thankyou, thankyou. ( too much) ? 😊
My first cat was called Sparky, back in 1969!

Well done Les , really chuffed for you…..will await instructions in PM for T-Shirt details …….well done again !!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back