Float charger / battery conditioner on 12v battery?

DB00nowthen

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello all new MG4, new to this forum.

The Trophy has replaced my non-plugin Prius. I Do low mileage with the car in the garage much of the time. I did and will take the car out for a drive once a week at very minimum unless away. But I found that the prius 12v battery was almost completely drained once an so bought a battery charger/conditioner lined below. Research revealed I did not need to disconnect the 12v battery to use this safety or worry about unlocking the Prius while it was still attached.

To my question: do we know with authority if it safe or even beneficial/useful to do the same with the MG4? It could be that the high power battery and etc looks after this.
There is nothing in the manual about it.

Thanks

The car has a 12v battery that is charged by the main battery when the car is turned on. The 12v battery can be externally charged with your charger. Many members are purchasing jump starter packs, they can be stored in the glove compartment or under seat and are handy if any problems away from home.

Amazon product ASIN B09CZ9QV41

The main battery should look after the 12v battery although a few have found the 12v one to be flat after a couple of days mainly caused by loose battery terminals or the car needed a software update.
On the positive side others have been away on holiday for three or four weeks and the car has started with no problem.

The main battery should look after the 12v battery although a few have found the 12v one to be flat after a couple of days mainly caused by loose battery terminals or the car needed a software update.
Or the 12V battery was junk.
On the positive side others have been away on holiday for three or four weeks and the car has started with no problem.
Yes, lots of examples of this. Should be no problem at all any little or no range loss during that time.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back