From Wales to Qatar in an MG4

My current car does that (and adjusts the headlights accordingly) but I always assumed it was via the sat nav. They are driving an SE I think, so it can’t be that.
one does wonder if the cars are all just them same to start with (and all the electronics are already inplace?), until they get their battery fitted / and seats etc. (it did seem strange (although thinking about it now - was so sensible given the delivery time), that the MG4 had no options, only model & colour) - it woulnt suprise me that if you had the correct 3-phase cable that UK models would charge at the faster rate in europe?

Could easily be the e-sim triggering the change over it will know the country it's currently in.
That's a good shout - the eSIM will be able to determine which network it is connected to and so understand which country it is in. (Except where some networks bridge across borders ... but as all of Europe is km/h anyway this doesn't matter - except for NI/Eire as mentioned above).

Is there anyone in in the Emerald Isle who has the car and could try it out for us, as it would only be a road trip no need to cross any water is there.
Les

Given how long they may well be in the competition, it might be best to charge it back up as soon as they get there, ready for the return trip.

Given how long they may well be in the competition, it might be best to charge it back up as soon as they get there, ready for the return trip.
Well with the support of the MG4 crew, and about 5300 of this forum members cheering them on, they might be in it longer than our England lot you never know.
Les

Last edited:
They failed :confused:
Not because of the car but because right hand drive cars aren't allowed into saudi arabia:unsure:
So 17 out of 18 countries covered, not too shabby.

They failed :confused:
Not because of the car but because right hand drive cars aren't allowed into saudi arabia:unsure:
So 17 out of 18 countries covered, not too shabby.
They might have failed but what a great achievement and in a car that some people believe has a catastrophic oil leak.

what a great achievement and in a car that some people believe has a catastrophic oil leak.

Just how many miles did they drive? About 3,000 I'd guess given their use of ferries rather than the land route (can't say I blame them skipping Syria and Iraq or Lebanon).
Pity that they didn't go via Turkey and Iran.

I wonder whether Budweiser can reject the Tournament and get their money back? :unsure: ;)

It looks like they have been forced to delete the “Well, this is awkward…” Tweet.

Looks like my prediction was correct, eh ;)

They need to wait for the weekend then they can give a lift to the England fan.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back