Full charge showing 200mls range

Do you actually achieve those ranges or is this just a predicted range when fully charged?
Yesterday I had 192 on the display did a journey of 120 miles with 90 miles left when I got home mainly A road driving between 50 to 60 cruising speed weather warm and dry no Aircon just the roof on vent was enough to keep the cabin cool

Yesterday I had 192 on the display did a journey of 120 miles with 90 miles left when I got home mainly A road driving between 50 to 60 cruising speed weather warm and dry no Aircon just the roof on vent was enough to keep the cabin cool
That’s really good. What do you achieve in terms of miles/kwh and average speed?

I've just been away at a holiday home and used the granny charger to top up before the journey home. Pleasantly surprised this morning to see 205 miles range on Eco setting.
I've had post charge ranges of 180+ but they drop as soon as I start driving. This didn't though; be interested to see if it happens again.

Incidentally, stopped at Gridserve at Braintree on the way out ; very impressed with the set up. One point to note, the parking bay lines are sized to assume a car with a side located charge socket and the cables from the charger aren't long enough to reach the front unless you park right at the back of the marked bay.

I know there used to be a thread about people actually trying to get 200 miles from a full charge. I remember some poor sod telling a story about breaking down a few miles from his house 5 miles short of that figure and having to call the AA. So I’ve never been brave enough to try that!
I have been trying to average over 4.7mpkW over 200 miles as 4.7x42.5 is as good as 200.
Anyway this was the week after the hot weather, and 10 months of getting to know the car and how to drive most economically, that I managed it. In fact I exceded it!
4.9x42.5 = 208.25 so in theory I could have driven all that on one charge. That included 80 miles of motorway last weekend and my weekly commute.
D9746E39-5B76-4EB3-9DFB-92FCB104AB20.jpeg

I know there used to be a thread about people actually trying to get 200 miles from a full charge. I remember some poor sod telling a story about breaking down a few miles from his house 5 miles short of that figure and having to call the AA. So I’ve never been brave enough to try that!
I have been trying to average over 4.7mpkW over 200 miles as 4.7x42.5 is as good as 200.
Anyway this was the week after the hot weather, and 10 months of getting to know the car and how to drive most economically, that I managed it. In fact I exceded it!
4.9x42.5 = 208.25 so in theory I could have driven all that on one charge. That included 80 miles of motorway last weekend and my weekly commute.
View attachment 3574
Nice one !.
I have been leaving my accumulated mileage trip alone for the last few weeks and the predicted range after a full charge and balance is around the 200 mile mark in these better weather conditions.
Just being curious to see how the range on the GOM compares to the actual miles covered by the car.
I actually think it is slightly more accurate when both trips are reset before making a long journey.
At the moment, I have 1480 miles covered on the accumulated trip, with miles/kWh of 4.4.
This has been conducted over many trips of both “A” roads / town and some dual carriageway work.
I will try and grab a image.

753451AE-9C96-4898-854B-7C3F1F01CA88.jpeg

I normally use the granny charger and get just over 200miles GOM if I switch to eco and turn off the ventilation system. However when actually using the car I don’t think it makes any difference. Eg one would not be able to actually go 200 miles. That is just the vagaries of the GOM system.

An update to my previous response yesterday I traveled from my home in Ellesmere Port to Rugby services to meet a friend, I set off with 191 miles on the range and arrived at Rugby services 120 miles later with 68 miles showing all done at whatever speed was allowed some stretches of 50 and 60 due to roadworks and congestion plugged in at the brilliant new charging hub and left showing 190 miles.
The journey home was a repeat of earlier average was 4.3 miles per kWh.
The weather was dry and warm so ideal for an ev needless to say I am very impressed with the car.

We (2 of us) did a journey on Sunday, the longest so far in the car due to lockdown etc.
Started on GOM 205 in Eco, did the get out of Leeds roads to Wetherby, joined the A1M with ACC set at 65, then country roads to the Bedale area. Didn't use Pilot as I reckon I can steer myself since I have to hands on the wheel anyway !
Used the blowers most of the time on blob 2 cold on blob 2, not the AC and that kept us cool enough.
Got home after 105 miles and 75 left on the GOM.
Reasonably happy with that as a representative cross section of driving and happier for my forthcoming drive to Norfolk next month.

I have left my accumulated trip mileage alone now ( unrest ) for a number of weeks and numerous trips.
It has clocked up nearly 2,000 miles and the average consumption of around 4.5 m/kWh.
It is regularly reporting around 200 miles of range on the GOM after a full charge and balance.
Of course the 200 miles of actual range is not achievable, as we are aware.
But I have been making a mental note of the reporting range in actual distance covered to the GOM prediction.
I have found that over this time period, that resetting the trips back to zero when commencing a long trip, gives a more realistic estimate of your actual achievable range.
After 15 months of ownership and 12,000 miles covered, I have regularly seen the low orange early HV battery light, come on at around 35 miles remaining mark.
But on two trips recently, this warning has been given at around 48 miles remaining.
So, today the low battery warning ⚠️ was again given at 46 miles remaining.
I reached into the settings, and reset the accumulative mileage, while still on the move.
Instantly, the remaining predicted mileage remaining on the GOM reduced by almost 10 miles, back to the expected figure of 35 miles remaining.
From this I can conclude, that the accumulative trip, left unrest over a longer time and distance, CAN be guilt over predicted just how far you CAN really travel.
We returned home with 26 miles of range on the GOM.
I will charge over night and I am absolutely sure, the predicted range on the GOM will not be over 200 miles of predicted range in the morning, now I have reset the trips !.
If I was going to make a journey that is likely to challenge the range of the car, without the provision to receive a charge.
Then personally, I would be resetting my trips prior to starting the journey !.
I will be making one of these trips on Friday.
It is nice to see a predicted range of over 200 miles on the GOM when first powering up the car of course, but remember it is only PREDICTION !.

I am doing my first long trip this weekend - Sheffield to Lucker in Northumberland. I am planning to stop at Costa Gosforth, just off the A1, which seems to have good facilities including a bank of Instavolt chargers. This would involve a trip of 140 miles.

Do you think I am being a bit optimistic? I do have Plan B which will involve a stop in Durham instead - 120 miles away. I guess that I will have to see how things go and make a decision on the day.

I am doing my first long trip this weekend - Sheffield to Lucker in Northumberland. I am planning to stop at Costa Gosforth, just off the A1, which seems to have good facilities including a bank of Instavolt chargers. This would involve a trip of 140 miles.

Do you think I am being a bit optimistic? I do have Plan B which will involve a stop in Durham instead - 120 miles away. I guess that I will have to see how things go and make a decision on the day.
I think your trip is very possible, but does not leave a lot of redundancy if you get slightly lost or hit a division due to road works etc..
It will depend on the type of roads in question ( motorway or A roads ) and your driving style of course.
The weather on the day and if you need for use the A/C is also worth considering.
Having a plan "B" is always a good fall back option, should you need it.

Thanks for the reply. To be on the safe side I will probably go for plan B. There are two sites close to each other with Instavolt chargers. Once I get to know what the car can do I will have more confidence.

I have left my accumulated trip mileage alone now ( unrest ) for a number of weeks and numerous trips.
It has clocked up nearly 2,000 miles and the average consumption of around 4.5 m/kWh.
It is regularly reporting around 200 miles of range on the GOM after a full charge and balance.
Of course the 200 miles of actual range is not achievable, as we are aware.
But I have been making a mental note of the reporting range in actual distance covered to the GOM prediction.
I have found that over this time period, that resetting the trips back to zero when commencing a long trip, gives a more realistic estimate of your actual achievable range.
After 15 months of ownership and 12,000 miles covered, I have regularly seen the low orange early HV battery light, come on at around 35 miles remaining mark.
But on two trips recently, this warning has been given at around 48 miles remaining.
So, today the low battery warning ⚠️ was again given at 46 miles remaining.
I reached into the settings, and reset the accumulative mileage, while still on the move.
Instantly, the remaining predicted mileage remaining on the GOM reduced by almost 10 miles, back to the expected figure of 35 miles remaining.
From this I can conclude, that the accumulative trip, left unrest over a longer time and distance, CAN be guilt over predicted just how far you CAN really travel.
We returned home with 26 miles of range on the GOM.
I will charge over night and I am absolutely sure, the predicted range on the GOM will not be over 200 miles of predicted range in the morning, now I have reset the trips !.
If I was going to make a journey that is likely to challenge the range of the car, without the provision to receive a charge.
Then personally, I would be resetting my trips prior to starting the journey !.
I will be making one of these trips on Friday.
It is nice to see a predicted range of over 200 miles on the GOM when first powering up the car of course, but remember it is only PREDICTION !.
Is the 200 mile GOM reading in Normal or Eco mode ?

Is the 200 mile GOM reading in Normal or Eco mode ?
I always use the default mode of normal and Regen level 3.
I have seen a predicted range of 200 miles on a few occasions now in this warmer weather.
I did report 203 one morning.
I reset the accumulative trip on the trip home yesterday and charged over night, last night.
I did not fully charge as I will only be making short trips until Friday.
It had 27 miles of remaining range on the GOM when it went on charge.
I set the timer to give me three hours worth of charge from my 7kw wall box.
This morning, I needed to make a quick trip to the supermarket ( about 8 mile around trip ) the car was reporting a predicted range of 126 miles on the GOM but the HV battery gauge still had two white bars to fill until it was completely full.
I will be charging to 100% on Thursday night because we have a trip to make of around 140 miles in total.
I would like to think that we can pull off this trip without charging on route, but we will see !.
I will post my findings on our return, or from the back of flat bed 🤣.

I will post my findings on our return, or from the back of flat bed 🤣.
Okay @Max and for anybody who else who MAY find this information of any use.
He is the promised results of our trip out today ( Thursday ).
I have taken a few images from the dash panel display to show the actual results.
Some quick back ground.
I fully charged and allowed the car to carry out a battery balance on an overnight charge on Thursday, ready for the trip on Friday.
I had already reset BOTH trips prior to plugging in the car.
When I booted up the car this morning, it reported a predicted range of 170 miles.
Remember, both trips had been reset.
We travelled about 1 hour and stopped for a quick coffee and a toilet break.
The after about 30 mins, I reset the Sat Nav and we where on our way once again.
When we arrived the car park of our destination, I checked the remaining mileage available on the GOM and the efficiency.
The weather was good at around 18 degrees, with very little wind and no HVAC used on route.
The efficiency was 5.2 m/kwh’s over a 78.1 miles travelled ( see image included ).
The return journey was via a similar route and the outside temperature was around 17 degrees, but the head wind was quit strong.
Return trip was 64.7 miles and an efficiency of 4.6 m/kwh’s. See image.
The actual accumulative total mileage was 142.8 miles and 4.9 m/kwh’s for the efficiency.
We arrived home with 61 miles of predicted range remaining on the GOM.
The roads when all “A” roads with no dual carriageways included.
To be honest, I was very pleased with how the car performed and we never came close to requiring a charge stop.

F2512F0B-37E8-407C-B011-169B35E4925F.jpeg
9FA71F3B-C4E7-4426-8F3A-B18B49EEFDEB.jpeg
F4B07227-BF99-45C0-AE44-6205C71E9DFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom