Get latest updates now!

Would you expect MG to apply different versions to different systems or keep them in sync. Eg v1 has a set of versions for each system and v2 same again but comprises of version x for each system.

The message I see is more like Regenerative Braking Effect Is Reduced - i.e. not cancelled completely but the effect is much reduced (until the SoC falls).
Yes .I see what you mean although mine is reduced so much it might as well not be there at all . I've been nearly caught out a couple of times .

MG Gatekeep the updates. The dealer has to ask for authorisation from MG UK in order to update. It was hinted the SE could have different firmware. I read about Android Automotive and that's what the car runs on. Now, who's gonna crack it?

MG Gatekeep the updates. The dealer has to ask for authorisation from MG UK in order to update. It was hinted the SE could have different firmware. I read about Android Automotive and that's what the car runs on. Now, who's gonna crack it?

The car runs Android, but it's not Android Automotive.
Android Automotive is a specific system developed by Google that includes all the Google apps and services.

MG has basically built their own system on top of a relatively standard Android system.

Cheaper I guess.

It isn't weird that there are different firmware for the 51, 64 and 77 kw batteries in the MG4.
The first one is an lpf battery that handles 100% charge without issues. Not so with the other two. So, for regen to allow to fully kick in, I would expect a lower % of charge on the 64 and 77 kw versions. This could explain a split in the firmware.

Bear in mind that there's a difference between regen and OPD ... whilst OPD uses regen to bring the car towards a stop, it is a more "powerful" system which thus requires far more regen ability (until the brakes are brought into play).

A clever OPD system wouldn't care about the battery SoC and would vary the physical brakes usage depending on regen availability. ;)
Other manufacturers offsetting SOC, to allow the regen work even on 100% (which is practically 95%). OPD isn't my thing, but using friction break to provide the same "service" in any condition, would be beneficial, and definitely would provide continuity in driving experience...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back