HAS ANYONE GOT INFO CHANGING ELECTRICITY PROVIDERS RE SMART METER

I had brand new smart meters installed via Octopus in January & went straight onto go. In June I noticed that my online account hadn’t been updated for a while, whereas the gas account was bang upto date. It’s taken them this long to resolve it & required a software upgrade of the meter - which was done over the air thankfully. So all good now & it just goes to show about modern tech! 🤔

Well after waiting for 2 years for EDF to replace my old type meter and then 6 months for Peoples energy to do the same then being passed onto British Gas, without getting them to replace it, guess what, they've re enabled my existing smart meter within a day of setting up my account, I wouldn't mind but I despise British Gas

Well after waiting for 2 years for EDF to replace my old type meter and then 6 months for Peoples energy to do the same then being passed onto British Gas, without getting them to replace it, guess what, they've re enabled my existing smart meter within a day of setting up my account, I wouldn't mind but I despise British Gas
Interesting, is your existing one a SMETS1 ?
I am in the same situation with Peoples Energy > BGas and have an old SMETS1 smart meter initially installed by BGas many years ago. BGas haven't mentioned anything to me yet.

Interesting, is your existing one a SMETS1 ?
I am in the same situation with Peoples Energy > BGas and have an old SMETS1 smart meter initially installed by BGas many years ago. BGas haven't mentioned anything to me yet.
I don't believe there are any replacements for the British Gas smets1 meters. We're just awaiting the software update so we can move providers with them.

Supposed to be done by September 2022

Although I've heard of people switching to octopus and having it done earlier somehow

Yes its a SMETS1
I have noticed that the budget marker on the display is well below my monthly payment that was set up

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom