Has anyone rejected a car due to bms fiasco

Pattolad

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,
Bought my car 2 weeks ago ex demo 3200 miles and after its second fast charge its lost range dramatically 2 miles is taking 25 of the range.Spoke to my dealer today and they cant fit me in till the 29th to investigate. Really considering just giving them the car back and walking away anyone on here ever done this

Hi,
Bought my car 2 weeks ago ex demo 3200 miles and after its second fast charge its lost range dramatically 2 miles is taking 25 of the range.Spoke to my dealer today and they cant fit me in till the 29th to investigate. Really considering just giving them the car back and walking away anyone on here ever done this
Have you done a balancing charge?

Hi im doing my second tonight, Sales guy who had it before me used it for the short commute to the dealership and plugged it in when he got there , so hadnt noticed the range loss.

Hi,
If your new car battery is that badly out of balance I would expect the dealer to take it back and sort it out while they supply a courtesy car. Alternatively i would give the car back and get a full refund. It’s unacceptable having only had the car for 2 weeks to have a car that is not fit for purpose. Sorry to hear of your issues, such a shame as the cars are really nice.
Btw there are new cars avaiable for under £20k still on Autotrader New & Used Cars for Sale - Auto Trader UK

Hi im doing my second tonight, Sales guy who had it before me used it for the short commute to the dealership and plugged it in when he got there , so hadnt noticed the range loss.
Do I detect another ZS EV displaying the symptoms of "Buggy" software here again I wonder ???.
If so, charging it in attempt to increase the range will only have a negative affect.
There is evidence that even brand new cars have been delivered to customers without the necessary software checks done prior to delivery.
Not ALL dealers are guilty of this, I have to say in there defence.
If your car is suffering due to this condition, then the good news is it CAN be resolved with a correctly applied update to the necessary modules.
After some corrective slow A/C charging, the range will return when the imbalance in the HV cells have returned to a normal status.
The dealer can perform the recalibration / balancing the cells of the HV battery, if you request it.

I rejected my zs ev 3 weeks old due to bms update.
I have just bought a new mg5 and love it.

Glad you like the 5. You rejected your zs due to a bms update?

Yes that's correct, it was going to take weeks to sort out the balancing etc.

As in my opening thread. 3 weeks. The car was supplied to me perfect but the upcoming bns update would severely hinder the charging time and range so I rejected the car.

Im really fed up talking to service staff and the customer helpline who know absolutely nothing about the car .My battery when full is 433v so i know that it will take in the region of 160 hours charging to get it back.I keep getting ,lets see what the problem with the car is.
I know what the problem is !!!
Customer service and EV knowledge is woeful , shame because the car is ok

Im really fed up talking to service staff and the customer helpline who know absolutely nothing about the car .My battery when full is 433v so i know that it will take in the region of 160 hours charging to get it back.I keep getting ,lets see what the problem with the car is.
I know what the problem is !!!
Customer service and EV knowledge is woeful , shame because the car is ok
I've had the exact same issue, every dealer is the same, and they say the car is FINE, my car is stuck at 430V even after 6 balance charges. The dealers just dismiss the issue, and MG UK are even worse and don't help. This will be the only car I buy from MG, utter joke

Whats the process to reject ? I thought you had to give the dealer one chance to rectify the problem ?
Hi pattolad well I think you may have answered your own question you will have to give them a chance to sort it out but you can go to any MG repair shop under warranty can I ask which dealer you got it from as your not very far from me in Wigan
Les

Hi pattolad well I think you may have answered your own question you will have to give them a chance to sort it out but you can go to any MG repair shop under warranty can I ask which dealer you got it from as your not very far from me in Wigan
Les
Hi Les, it was from Gallaghers in Warrington booked in for a diagnostic on the 29th lets see what happens !

Hi pattolad, I know the dealership you mentioned I had my test drive there in October 2020 but got a better deal on line but they have been in business for a long time there with other makes of cars and now MG as you will know, they should be able to sort your problem out I’m sure so Good luck on the 29th and please keep us up dated.

Just one thing I will say is ring them now and tell them if they need to keep it to get it sorted you will need a loan car while they do the work it has been posted on hear some that some owners have been without there cars for days even weeks while battery problems are resolved but it should then be right and if not you have done your bit by giving them the chance to fix it and therefore I would think you will now have the right to reject it
Les

Hi Les, yep i phoned them on Monday and explained that batteries showing my level of reduced capacity 433v will need circa 160hrs of charging to get back to normal.
They mentioned getting in touch with Gary Smart re hire car. I honestly dont think they understand the problem and the time that will be required to rectify it.
You would have thought that as part of the preparation for sale they would have looked at the battery voltage at a full charge. Its an education/training issue as far as i am concerned , its a sad state of affairs when the customer knows more than the vendor

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom