Have I made a mistake?

I had a corsa-e for a couple months. I hated it. Not a patch on the mg4 in terms of handling and functionality was hit or miss, mostly miss.
The Peugeot e208 wasn’t any better.
I mean... that's just same car, so that makes sense.

"I didn't like that car I bought another" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I mean... that's just same car, so that makes sense.

"I didn't like that car I bought another" :ROFLMAO:
Oh it was a car subscription through Onto and I had to swap the car due to some damage repair. That’s what they had in my price bracket.

Tbh the electric motor was good and the EV experience, although entry level, was decent enough. The handling though was very much city car only. Very unsettled at motorway speeds. The lane departure was horrible. You think the MG4 is bad? This was literally like a death wish. Luckily it could be defeated via a button at start. And I did try. Oh I did try!
The user interface was not very good either: lots of wasted screen real estate. It had issues with car play and the climate control was abysmal.
On top of that the instrument cluster, despite being clever, was also difficult to use via an over complicated stalk that was just distracting at best.
It felt well put together mechanically though and more upmarket in terms of finish, but actually very uncomfortable for me.
It didn’t put me off though and it made me want the mg4 even more.
And when I jumped into the mg4 it was like when I first jumped in my old RX-8.

Last edited:
I'm moaning at lka because I'm disabled and the car is supposed to be OK for the disabled. With the sticker mod, the car drives lovely for me, but the paid for safety features are all off. If a dealer can get anything to do with white lines and staying in the middle off for good, then she will stay for extra time with me.

Well its here, my daughter has sent me a photo, I came into work at 5:30 so I could leave early as the estimated delivery was 2:30, if id have left for work at normal time I would be in it, going to be the longest day ever lol

:love:

You'll love it.

People keep telling me how much they like the looks of my car. The Trophy is perhaps even more striking, with these daft go-slower spoilers. Show it off and enjoy!

Morning all. So I get my new Trophy in black on Monday morning. I have been stalking these forums daily since I ordered one, reading all your posts, and I have to say there are some wonderful helpful people posting answers to people's questions. The thing is all I see is issues with the MG in almost every post - rattles, squeaks, bulges, battery issues, sat nav etc. etc., the list seems to be endless. I know the price point is good but the problems are spooking me a bit. :(
The sub isnt as doom mongering as it was 9 months ago, but there is a tendency to only discuss negative issues.

In the 9 months and 6000 miles i have had no major issues apart from one or two niggling one offs like the battery bar going orange and a failure of the infotainment screen to boot one time.

Floors loose and oil falling out and lock ins i suspect are the first 2000 or so off the boat.

My dec 2022 build march 2023 delivery hasnt had any issue worth worrying about.

Morning all. So I get my new Trophy in black on Monday morning. I have been stalking these forums daily since I ordered one, reading all your posts, and I have to say there are some wonderful helpful people posting answers to people's questions. The thing is all I see is issues with the MG in almost every post - rattles, squeaks, bulges, battery issues, sat nav etc. etc., the list seems to be endless. I know the price point is good but the problems are spooking me a bit. :(
I had the same concerns before mine arrived. Aside of a few mildly annoying software bugs and having to switch off LKA (not unique to MG) the car is fantastic.

We’ve had our MG4 for around 3mo now. It’s our first EV and most of our ‘difficulties’ relate to our own lack of knowledge about how to drive a car that’s not fossil fuel powered.
Overall both my wife and I are pretty pleased with it. The one thing I don’t like is the lane control feature, especially when using cruise control (which I like to do esp on motorways). I’m having to turn it off, though it may actually be that we can turn down sensitivity to an acceptable level.
The touch screen is also poorly responsive but I think that’s an irritant rather than a problem.
I’m putting all this down to teething problems and inexperience.
I’m only 70, though (nearly). Lots of time to learn!

We've had out Trophy for 3 months without problems. I did have to write a Trophy Guide to understand its features and I am still trying to understand iSmart. It's worthwhile getting your dealer to set up iSmart.
It's not a perfect car but it's about £15,000 cheaper than the mainstream competition. For that saving, I'm prepared to take risks.
Just been reading through your guide...very impressed, nice one.

I have my MG4 Trophy since March and I absolutely love it! I've had no issues with mine, bar a few software niggles but then I had those in both my previous cars too.

I am waiting to see how the range is affected by the colder weather but I drove down to the coast and back on Saturday with the heater on and it used exactly the same percentage of battery as during the summer, so probably the aircon was using more power then :)

I'd recommend this car to anyone who wants to go electric and get a decent range without paying a premium. I've certainly saved a lot of money not having to fill up on diesel! Definitely invest in a home charger if you can.

1st impressions are great!!!!!

I've got a few thing to get used to, I've never drove automatic before so I almost killed myself breaking with my clutch foot o_O luckily I wasn't going fast, I went to a maccies and used a intavolt charger and it took £45 out my account just to make sure I had money? hopefully that comes back and the indicator is very loud... apart from getting used to those I actually love it. Looking forward go giving it a good run the weekend.

Put your left foot on the foot rest ;)

High pre-auth charges are a scam - but it should come back within a couple of days. (The money isn't gone - just ring-fenced)

Go into the Volume settings and set the Vehicle Alerts volume to the lowest setting - that'll quieten down the indicators. :)

used a intavolt charger and it took £45 out my account just to make sure I had money? hopefully that comes back and the indicator is very loud.
BP Pulse failed several times I tried to charge my car and in the end reserved £240 on my account which didnt clear for a month! I don't trust public chargers lol

If you have off street parking I would really recommend a home wall charger, mine cost £1k including installation but a full charge on my current tariff cost £15.86 whereas with BP Pulse its £48.16. Bit of a no brainer.

And to turn the volume of the indicators down swipe down from the top left hand side of the screen and theres shortcuts to the volume levels. Theres also the vehicle hotspot toggle button so you can get free wifi hotspot in your car, one of the nice perks of the trophy model!
1701172757001.png

Glad you're enjoying your new car!

BP Pulse failed several times I tried to charge my car and in the end reserved £240 on my account which didnt clear for a month! I don't trust public chargers lol

If you have off street parking I would really recommend a home wall charger, mine cost £1k including installation but a full charge on my current tariff cost £15.86 whereas with BP Pulse its £48.16. Bit of a no brainer.

And to turn the volume of the indicators down swipe down from the top left hand side of the screen and theres shortcuts to the volume levels. Theres also the vehicle hotspot toggle button so you can get free wifi hotspot in your car, one of the nice perks of the trophy model!
View attachment 21870

Glad you're enjoying your new car!
You can get an Electroverse card from Octopus (no precharge) and avoid BP if you can :(.....

I used an Ionity point at the weekend (as the Applegreen chargers at Gretna services just wouldn't work*) and I used my Electroverse card for the first time. :)

* I wasn't the only one having issues with them, and it wasn't just MG cars.

Very helpful site guru thanks, i do have a home charger ordered, is a ohme and its being installed on December 18th so not too long to use public. So excited for home time and the commute

Top Tip thanks Jeff :D

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel