Heating problem

Today 2 deg C preheated the car but didn’'t finished the 10 minuten preheating, drove the 4 but only feezing temp in the car even after a new start’ same issue. Back home did the preheating again for the full 10 minutes, everything worked as normal. Maybe this is the solution?

I don't have that issue. I can cancel a preheat and start driving and cabin temperature is fine (and continues to be). 🤷‍♂️

This is a problem on MG4 Trophy with heat pump. At least some of us are affected by this.
I only get it after having charged, so for my car I’ve found a pattern.

Also, as an extra step, I run several updates of “Vehicle Status” in iSmart app before initiating the pre-heating. That’s where I see the Interior temperature and Exterior temperature.
First run, interior 18° C, Exterior -4° C. Clearly not right.
Every run, it drops a couple degrees on the interior, and after several refresh it’s down to reasonable numbers.
Then I start the pre-heating.

Sensors are clearly not working as expected, and may be a reason why it fails on generating heat from the heat pump, don’t know.

I had the same issues with my Trophy model with heat pump. Sometimes the heater just would not work, especially after charging.

The dealership was aware of the issue and applied the heater update HE-32. But I have sold the car briefly afterwards and can't say if the problem was really solved. It worked fine during the short time I still had the car.

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone had a problem with a non-functioning heater repaired by the service? My vehicle has started to not heat up very often. The heat pump won't turn on at all. I don't have any eco mode on. I don't understand it in a new car, it doesn't heat.

Today the journey took 40 min at 0 degrees without heating. I'm desperate...

Hi, has anyone had a problem with a non-functioning heater repaired by the service? My vehicle has started to not heat up very often. The heat pump won't turn on at all. I don't have any eco mode on. I don't understand it in a new car, it doesn't heat.
Yes, my Luxury/Trophy did that to me right after we got it. Took it to the dealership and they fixed it with a update to the heat pump module. This was in June 23 and it has been fine since.

P.S. I do not know if the heat pump or whatever did or did not work, but the heater was blowing cold air. (North west coast of Norway in June sometimes makes Scotland seem hot and cosy.)

Alternatively, if others could share footage of the heater repair service, I would be very happy and you would be a great help. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not have the service sheet, it was read up to me when I collected the car after service.

P.S. the car did have a working heater, it just stopped working on a whim (especially if I used the iSmart app and engaged hvac from the app). Sometimes working and blowing heat sometimes not and blowing cold.

The word used was (the abbrevation for the heat pump module) and he said that's the heat pump.

Hi, who has a heat pump, does your vehicle heat up when you have the A/C off and the temperature set to HI?

Attachments

• IMG_20240317_151035.jpg
    IMG_20240317_151035.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 61
If I set 26°C on the screen but I don’t turn A/C on the air flowing in the cabin is cold…
I’m on a Luxury version

If I set 26°C on the screen but I don’t turn A/C on the air flowing in the cabin is cold…
I’m on a Luxury version
Ha! If I set it to 26 degrees and the interior temperature is 26 degrees, the air flowing into the cabine is cold as well... Stupid system.

No, it has come up before. I think I am happier having the PTC Heater especially for rapid heat in the depths of winter.
I totally agree with you. I would have been smarter and did my own researches instead of trusting the dealer who said:”Heat pump is better”.
Very disappointed

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel