Heating problem

I watched a video where they ran two identical cars, but one had a heat pump and the other didn't, along the same route together. The one with the heat pump only beat the one without by a pretty small margin on range.

I like the heater I have, but I noticed something interesting last week. The car had just come back from its service, and I suddenly had this thing where I was too warm, but if I reduced the temperature by a single degree it was blowing cold. Others have reported this, but I'd never experienced it. I checked the HVAC controls, and none of the possible vents was selected to blow air! I selected footwells only, and miraculously the thing started functioning as usual again.

i have a brand new HS PHEV. Heater doesn't really heat the car and AC doesn't cool the car. The garage have told me it needs a replacement PTC heater as they have heard of the same issue from their support team. Also had radio going dead for no reason and lane assist getting stuck on even though i switch it off and it shows as off. These problems can be cured by switching the car off for a few minutes then back on. presumably its based on windows XP !!!

i have a brand new HS PHEV. Heater doesn't really heat the car and AC doesn't cool the car. The garage have told me it needs a replacement PTC heater as they have heard of the same issue from their support team. Also had radio going dead for no reason and lane assist getting stuck on even though i switch it off and it shows as off. These problems can be cured by switching the car off for a few minutes then back on. presumably its based on windows XP !!!
You might find better comisseration on the HS forum - This one is for the MG4

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel