Home Charger

Our electricity supply/fusebox/meter cupboard in this old house enters the house 10 feet up in the kitchen, I enquired around 1985 to move it to floor level & the DNO quoted us £800 to £900 back then :eek:

I've just got a separate 100 amp fuse supply now instead of a 60amp shared loop supply done by the DNO & I asked him the same question, £1500+ ballpark figure o_O It will be staying where it is then 😁

I got an email from north-west DNO yesterday who de-looped our electricity supply & upgraded our 60A supply to 100A from two neighbouring houses three years ago, saying remedial work needs doing to upgrade the fuse/cut out so that it is suitable for the installation of Low Carbon Technology. Not sure what that really means but it's being done next Tuesday free of charge.

I got an email from north-west DNO yesterday who de-looped our electricity supply & upgraded our 60A supply to 100A from two neighbouring houses three years ago, saying remedial work needs doing to upgrade the fuse/cut out so that it is suitable for the installation of Low Carbon Technology. Not sure what that really means but it's being done next Tuesday free of charge.

The north west DNO were supposed to arrive between 08:00 & 10:00 to do this remedial work but I got a call around 13:00 to say they cant make it so it's rescheduled for this Thursday afternoon now. :rolleyes:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom