How do you turn on battery heater? (Trophy)

n the iSmart app, go to Charging Management page. select scheduled charging at the bottom of the app.

here you can schedule a battery heating or start it straight away.
it also notifies if it is not necessary to preheat battery.

Question for the forum re preheat Interior/battery

Scheduled Charge set in car or charger

If you have the car on a scheduled charge (typically 00:30 to 04:30 cheap rate) post the scheduled charge but still plugged in, say 07:30, can you start either preheat using the app?

If yes does it override the schedule and take power from the charger or does it draw from the battery

If no what do you have to do to enable the function?

Secondly during the scheduled charge period does the scheduled battery heating work in tandem?

Question for the forum re preheat Interior/battery

Scheduled Charge set in car or charger

If you have the car on a scheduled charge (typically 00:30 to 04:30 cheap rate) post the scheduled charge but still plugged in, say 07:30, can you start either preheat using the app?

If yes does it override the schedule and take power from the charger or does it draw from the battery

If no what do you have to do to enable the function?

Secondly during the scheduled charge period does the scheduled battery heating work in tandem?
If you mean the cabin preheat, I cannot enable when plugged in after charge. I get an error on the app, happens every time if plugged in. If I go out, remove the charger and then select pre heat cabin it works. I havent tried pre heating the battery when plugged in, not manually via app anyway, I have that set at 06:15 every morning so I don’t do that manually.

If you mean the cabin preheat, I cannot enable when plugged in after charge. I get an error on the app, happens every time if plugged in. If I go out, remove the charger and then select pre heat cabin it works. I havent tried pre heating the battery when plugged in, not manually via app anyway, I have that set at 06:15 every morning so I don’t do that manually.
So the scheduled battery preheat works at 06:15 ok, drawing power from? Do you know?

In that scenario can you schedule an interior/cabin preheat in the app or is that function not available?

Alan

Confirmation, courtesy of siteguru, that MG are aware of preheating cabin not working when charger plug inserted in car but not charging. So it seems it will work off the battery with no cable inserted. Someone care to test for confirmation...no need to wait until morning 😚

Confirmation, courtesy of siteguru, that MG are aware of preheating cabin not working when charger plug inserted in car but not charging. So it seems it will work off the battery with no cable inserted. Someone care to test for confirmation...no need to wait until morning 😚
Aware as in "we will fix it" or aware as in "it does that"?

My cabin preheating via app works when not plugged in/charging, no issues

Aware as in aware and working on it....
Just seen the message on the other thread. Thanks. That's good news, although they don't seem to be in any great hurry with improvements. But, when some manufacturers are just not fixing stuff at all, I think we should be pleased. The MG app has great potential.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back