• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

How to update your MG ZS EV media system

Hi All,

I downloaded the file on the usb after I got the fingerprint. Worked a treat up to that point. Then when I popped the usb in to the car, and started the update, it got up to around 80% and then the screen just rebooted each time. I got no pop up info box.
Painful stuff.
It takes a fairly long time to complete if I remember, getting on for 30 minutes and as I recall it reboots several times so what you’re saying sounds about right. If you did get stuck and things go wrong, Naviextras should be able to help - see replies (by John?) for their support website in my “help!” thread.

It takes a fairly long time to complete if I remember, getting on for 30 minutes and as I recall it reboots several times so what you’re saying sounds about right. If you did get stuck and things go wrong, Naviextras should be able to help - see replies (by John?) for their support website in my “help!” thread.
Ok thanks. So when it reboots, do I just leave it, or restart it again? I have left it for 15 minutes after the reboot and it didnt seem to do anything, so I restarted it again and it rebooted again. I got to the screen where it asks, do you want to update now or cancel, then it goes to around 50% of that screen and reboots.

No no joy. Just keeps rebooting half way through the second screen

Attachments

• 20201001_170903.jpg
    20201001_170903.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 231
That does sound and look a bit odd. It might be worth logging a support ticket with Naviextras here - László from there is very helpful (y) It took about a week and a half to resolve my issue from logging the initial ticket to installing the provided files on to the car. I hope that helps, keep us updated on how you get on.

That does sound and look a bit odd. It might be worth logging a support ticket with Naviextras here - László from there is very helpful (y) It took about a week and a half to resolve my issue from logging the initial ticket to installing the provided files on to the car. I hope that helps, keep us updated on how you get on.
Thanks a million. Ill pop a mail off to him now

Just an update. I emailed naviextras and am awaiting a response. In the meantime, I took another fingerprint and redownloaded and uploaded the updates. This time it took 10 mins max. No issues at all. Now, the nav opens up to the driving safety page, but the accept button does not allow me to press it. Its frozen. I can press the home button and go back to the main screen.
Any one have any experience of this? Worst case Ill just do it again I suppose.

Thanks

Now, the nav opens up to the driving safety page, but the accept button does not allow me to press it. Its frozen. I can press the home button and go back to the main screen.
Any one have any experience of this? Worst case Ill just do it again I suppose.

Thanks

This is exactly what happened to me, and despite all the factory resets, disconnecting the battery etc., I couldn't get past the "accept" screen. The only solution that worked for me was for Naviextras to issue restore files, which inlcuded the updated mapping, and now my satnav works again. You can read all about it here. You've started the process by contacting Naviextras, they'll ask for the fingerprint files from you car and then build restore files for you (I'd retain these in case you ever need them in the future).

Last edited:
This is exactly what happened to me, and despite all the factory resets, disconnecting the battery etc., I couldn;t get past the "accept" screen. The only solution that worked for me was for Naviextras to issue restore files, which inlcuded the updated mapping, and now my satnav works again. You can read all about it here. You've started the process by contacting Naviextras, they'll ask for the fingerprint files from you car and then build restore files for you (I'd retain these in case you ever need them in the future).
Thanks very much for that. Ill wait for them to come back to me

This is exactly what happened to me, and despite all the factory resets, disconnecting the battery etc., I couldn't get past the "accept" screen. The only solution that worked for me was for Naviextras to issue restore files, which inlcuded the updated mapping, and now my satnav works again. You can read all about it here. You've started the process by contacting Naviextras, they'll ask for the fingerprint files from you car and then build restore files for you (I'd retain these in case you ever need them in the future).
Hi,
Do you think your recovery files will work on my sat nav, or are they specific to only yours?

Hi,
Do you think your recovery files will work on my sat nav, or are they specific to only yours?
I thimk they're specific to me - I had to enter my e-mail address to download them. Happy to send them for use at your own risk, but they're 3.5gb and I don't use any online file lockers :rolleyes:

Ah no bother at all. If I have no joy with laszlo I might set something up to get them off you. I haven't heard back yet.
Thanks

Ah no bother at all. If I have no joy with laszlo I might set something up to get them off you. I haven't heard back yet.
Thanks
I expect you'll hear back on Monday/Tuesday when they're back at work ;)

Interesting development.. Naviextras wouldn't read my car's fingerprint, so sent off required files to the help desk and got this back just now..
"thank you for uploading the requested files.
However, I regret to inform you that the sent license is not valid.

You seem to have become the victim of software piracy, as this license is used by a lot of cracked software. It is illicit and we do not provide any support for it.

Important: it is not possible to legalize a cracked license as it is generated individually for each device. Also, you cannot replace the cracked software version, nor can you purchase the software only. We do not sell our navigation software to end-users as the software is only available pre-installed on devices supported at Naviextras.com."

Not sure.. it appears that they are saying the software on the Satnav isn't genuine!
Blimey! Not sure what you'd have to do about that, other than explaining you're using what you were provided with by your dealer. I suppose if Naviextras can't/won't help, you'll have to go back to the dealers and ask them to sort it, although mine didn't have much knowledge about the satnav/software systems.

Blimey! Not sure what you'd have to do about that, other than explaining you're using what you were provided with by your dealer. I suppose if Naviextras can't/won't help, you'll have to go back to the dealers and ask them to sort it, although mine didn't have much knowledge about the satnav/software systems.
I'm due to see them tomorrow afternoon to check if the updates have been properly installed as I'm not convinced they have been (This doesn't bode well does it.. ) so I'll mention it then, I show them the email from Naxiextras.

Interesting development.. Naviextras wouldn't read my car's fingerprint, so sent off required files to the help desk and got this back just now..
"thank you for uploading the requested files.
However, I regret to inform you that the sent license is not valid.

You seem to have become the victim of software piracy, as this license is used by a lot of cracked software. It is illicit and we do not provide any support for it.

Important: it is not possible to legalize a cracked license as it is generated individually for each device. Also, you cannot replace the cracked software version, nor can you purchase the software only. We do not sell our navigation software to end-users as the software is only available pre-installed on devices supported at Naviextras.com."
@MG Technician I know you probably can't say anything as such, but have you ever encountered something like what has happened to me above? It's rather odd, I would be "less" surprised if I was a second hand car or something, but on a brand new car?

László emailed me back this morning with a recover file link. Unfortunately the download kept crashing at about 40% when downloading to my pc. László is trying to sort it out.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom