How to update your MG ZS EV media system

Well, I don't use FB and nor do I use Google Drive! If you have somewhere I can uplaod the files to, I'll try that but I think this will brwak you infotainment system - the files include UK maps for example.

Thank u my friend very much its ok that ita have the map as long its updated and i can use Android auto on it
Can u please upload the file to ur google drive and share it with me
U making me so happy thank u very much again and if u ever need any thing from Tunisia u can let me know :)

I hear that some of the entertainment updates make the system a little more responsive / quick. Mine is currently taking up to 2 minutes to turn on in the morning, sitting with an MG logo - is this normal?

I hear that some of the entertainment updates make the system a little more responsive / quick. Mine is currently taking up to 2 minutes to turn on in the morning, sitting with an MG logo - is this normal?
Mine does exactly the same, the car is only 2 weeks old and has all updates

I have try this procedures as per instructions follow in MG HS Model.putting a formatted (FAT32 or exFAT)
4 or 16 GB USB stick in the USB port. Then go to setup/System in the Mediasystem, then scroll down to Update Navigation and press [Start] but Navigation update file can not be copy file in the USB and then error is ("the map file cannot be found").

Please kindly guide me which type error and further procedures.

I have try this procedures as per instructions follow in MG HS Model.putting a formatted (FAT32 or exFAT)
4 or 16 GB USB stick in the USB port. Then go to setup/System in the Mediasystem, then scroll down to Update Navigation and press [Start] but Navigation update file can not be copy file in the USB and then error is ("the map file cannot be found").

Please kindly guide me which type error and further procedures.
You missed a step out buddy. You need to be on the "Engineering Mode" screen. Look at the images again where you have to tap the 4 corners from the top left going clockwise.

Every time I run through the process to update it gets to about 50% checking files and then the radio restarts so it never completes :/

There's no information as to whether you just leave it once it reboots or whether you need to go back into the menu again to re-start the install?

I tried to contact the NaviExtras support and got the following message:

Dear Ricky,

Please be advised that we do not provide technical assistance for the navigation device model that you have selected.

In order to find a solution to your problem, we kindly ask that you browse our knowledge base, where you will find useful information and troubleshooting articles. Alternatively, please contact the manufacturer of your vehicle or device.

Should you have any questions regarding a purchase or an invoice, or if you wish to have your personal data removed from our customer database, please contact us via the dedicated buttons in the knowledge base.

Please do not reply to this mail as it will not be processed.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Naviextras Support

Wow, more than a bit annying that they've just withdrawn support for something they did support - at least two of us here, myself included, had help direct from Naviextras. MG dealerships will likely be clueless about this (mine was).

Wow, more than a bit annying that they've just withdrawn support for something they did support - at least two of us here, myself included, had help direct from Naviextras. MG dealerships will likely be clueless about this (mine was).
Wait, what?? They’ve removed support for us? Who supports the updates then?

Wait, what?? They’ve removed support for us? Who supports the updates then?

A couple of people have posted on here that the Naviextras website is no longer set up to log support tickets and also someone had a mail from them saying they no longer support the system.

one of Them was me.
I made a ticket, mailed Them etc.
Zero respons after the message they are not supporting.

So I'm stuck on 2018 maps without update

I tried to update mine yesterday when I inserted the USB in the computer after logging it in the car I just got constant error after error.
Possibly a main dealer update only now

Given what everyone who has tried this has gone through I would steer clear of updating this, as the user approach doesn't seem to be fit for purpose and bricks the Nav unless you got help from Naviextras, which I was lucky enough to get. Now that seems to have gone, its a dealer fix only for me (to be honest, the real fix is Carplay/AA and whatever mapping app you like to use).

Given what everyone who has tried this has gone through I would steer clear of updating this, as the user approach doesn't seem to be fit for purpose and bricks the Nav unless you got help from Naviextras, which I was lucky enough to get. Now that seems to have gone, its a dealer fix only for me (to be honest, the real fix is Carplay/AA and whatever mapping app you like to use).
I'm sure MG will bring out an update available from your local Dealer for £100 upwards, like the Comfort Pack 2!

Last edited:
A warning about hoping the dealer will fix this - when my satnav stopped functioning after a failed update, the dealer said there wasn't much they could do and queried why I as updating the maps (and generally displaying a total lack of knowledge of the process). Anyway, it was booked in, they said they'd redo the comfort 2 update - which is unrelated to the satnav! - which made no difference at all. They told me they referred to it to MG who said to get in touch with Naviextras. So it looks like we're left high and dry with this - if dealers can't help, and MG referring this to Naviextras who for some reason can help but are now choosing not to - you're pretty much f**cked. Tip-top customer service, huh? :mad::poop:

I guess I got away with it (touches wood). I don't think I'll be doing any future updates, unless it's at the dealers, the NAV in the MG is a bit unstable according to some posters on here and FB. :cautious:

one of Them was me.
I made a ticket, mailed Them etc.
Zero respons after the message they are not supporting.

So I'm stuck on 2018 maps without update
I also had to contact them (NaviExtras) when the update didn’t work. Initially they were really helpful but the fix they gave me bricked my satnav application (other head unit functions worked fine). After that they stopped supporting me and I had to take the care back to dealer. It Had to be sent back to Longbridgr to fix. Take care when updating maps. To be fair it wasn’t the updating that bricked the satnav it was the patch they gave me. I think that the problem is related to the sync tool software used to update the maps, either it crashes or times out when checking the files. It may be that applying the comfort update fixes this. Worth checking with those that have updated successfully.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom