HV Battery Shut Off

This sounds like the sort of issue that occurs with manufacturers that are 10000 miles away and do not care. How about a letter or solicitor letter demanding to return the car for money back on the grounds of "not fit for purpose"? Include some history.

This sounds like the sort of issue that occurs with manufacturers that are 10000 miles away and do not care. How about a letter or solicitor letter demanding to return the car for money back on the grounds of "not fit for purpose"? Include some history.
This sounds like Chinese business practice to me - "You bought it, it's yours now" mentality, if that's part of the cheap price then they're going to fail - eventually....

Thought I'd post with a report of my first experience of the HV battery shut-off in our ZS Trophy Long Range. We were charging using a Gridserve rapid at Stone services northbound on the M6. As I'm used to my MG4 now I no longer instinctively press the on/off button when you stop to exit the car. I then proceeded to try and rapid charge whilst the car was still 'on'. The charge failed to start so I tried the next charge cable with the same result. It wasn't until I sat back in the car that I realised I had left the start/stop button in the 'on' position. It then took a few attempts to turn the car 'off' using the start/stop button. I feared that I had bricked the car, as the HV battery error message appeared on the display. I'm not sure if it was trying to charge with the start/stop button in the 'on' position or trying multiple chargers in quick succession that caused the problem. It might be a combination of the two things.

So, with the bonnet up and a 10mm spanner in my hand ready to try the 12v battery disconnection fix, I asked my wife to connect to the ZS using the iSmart App. I then got her to try and start a charge remotely from the app after I had plugged in the original rapid charge cable, which naturally failed. To my surprise, after turning the car off and back on again using the start/stop button the battery fault had cleared. It might have been a complete coincidence but worth trying to cycle through this procedure if you ever receive the HV battery fault. Ignore having the spanner in your hand and bonnet open as I don't think that part of the procedure helped at all!😂

I was on a trip from Nottingham to Bolton, and decided to do a top up charge at Birch West services just before J18 on the M62. They had Grid-serve so though I would have no problems. Battery was at 48%, connected the charger and started the process to charge, had trouble pairing, so tried the next charger without moving the vehicle, same problem, so I thought I would move to the third charger, that's when I found out that the HV Battery Shut off warning came on then the warning Vehicle Control System fault. Was unable to put the vehicle into Reverse or Drive. Had to call out Greenflag, They tried the 12V battery disconnect trick, but this did nothing, so had to be transported back home. The car is now with MG Nottingham and waiting for a report and fix. Has anyone else had this problem?. The vehicle is only 2 months old.
Yep mine does this lots of times. Dangerous. 12v battery trick normally works.
I get feedback from my wife and kids when they have to ‘fix’ the car. Just like rebooting a computer.
Very poor and dangerous.

This sounds like Chinese business practice to me - "You bought it, it's yours now" mentality, if that's part of the cheap price then they're going to fail - eventually....
Yep service is appalling.

Thought I'd post with a report of my first experience of the HV battery shut-off in our ZS Trophy Long Range. We were charging using a Gridserve rapid at Stone services northbound on the M6. As I'm used to my MG4 now I no longer instinctively press the on/off button when you stop to exit the car. I then proceeded to try and rapid charge whilst the car was still 'on'. The charge failed to start so I tried the next charge cable with the same result. It wasn't until I sat back in the car that I realised I had left the start/stop button in the 'on' position. It then took a few attempts to turn the car 'off' using the start/stop button. I feared that I had bricked the car, as the HV battery error message appeared on the display. I'm not sure if it was trying to charge with the start/stop button in the 'on' position or trying multiple chargers in quick succession that caused the problem. It might be a combination of the two things.

So, with the bonnet up and a 10mm spanner in my hand ready to try the 12v battery disconnection fix, I asked my wife to connect to the ZS using the iSmart App. I then got her to try and start a charge remotely from the app after I had plugged in the original rapid charge cable, which naturally failed. To my surprise, after turning the car off and back on again using the start/stop button the battery fault had cleared. It might have been a complete coincidence but worth trying to cycle through this procedure if you ever receive the HV battery fault. Ignore having the spanner in your hand and bonnet open as I don't think that part of the procedure helped at all!😂
Poor quality and dangerous faults.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom