I smart app

ippy1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, collected my trophy yesterday, but salesperson didn’t connect my phone to the car.
Said the activation codes were taking some time to appear.
Once home tried again and realised had to input phone number without the leading zero.
Anyway got the code, but don’t know where to go from there?
Cannot find a manual for the procedure anywhere at all.

Any instruction gratefully received.

There is a PDF MG 4 fully owners handbook/manual on the MG website information about phone connection starts at page 99
Les
I think the Bluetooth Connection was done at handover.
just couldn’t get the QR code bit to send the activation code.
I can get the activation code now( which expires after 7minutes). Just don’t know what to do with it once I have it.
The app isn’t mentioned anywhere in the manual.

I think the Bluetooth Connection was done at handover.
just couldn’t get the QR code bit to send the activation code.
I can get the activation code now( which expires after 7minutes). Just don’t know what to do with it once I have it.
The app isn’t mentioned anywhere in the manual.
After reading that you need to scan the small QR code, I managed to get it working at last, so thanks for the advice.

Has anyone yet managed to register their mobile phone with the iSmart app? (I never get the identification code sent to me by SMS).

Currently I've only registered using an email address.

I'm having problems with the app at the moment, changed my phone yesterday, was fine with my previous phone but now cannot get the qr code up to pair with my new phone. Not a problem logging into the app itself just re-pairing with the new phone.

Could well be that you have to unbind the old phone before you can bind the new one?
But other people have mentioned that they can bind more than one phone to the car, but only one can be logged in (connected) at a time?

I'm having problems with the app at the moment, changed my phone yesterday, was fine with my previous phone but now cannot get the qr code up to pair with my new phone. Not a problem logging into the app itself just re-pairing with the new phone.
You can't bind multiple phones. Just login with your previous credentials.

The videos post in this thread explain how to get to the QR code in the car. (Method is different between SE and Trophy).

Just left following review of my iSMART experience on the App Store.

The app looks great and the UI is clean and alerts for vehicle malfunctions/starts are excellent but there are several user experience issues. Here is some hopefully constructive feedback.

1. The status of the vehicle doesn’t always display. There is a constant need to refresh to get actual values other than the blank defaults. The last known values for charge state etc should be stored locally.

2. The rate at which the app updates is extremely slow. Other EV apps I have used can show an up to the second state typically.

3. Probably linked to the slow update rate… when adjusting ac controls etc you need to wait an age until you see a “success” response. This should just work. Same for setting charge schedule. There shouldn’t need to be a save button.

4. Why do I always need to enter a PIN to adjust even minor things like ac state? Please use Face ID etc and authenticate on app opening.

5. The Travel feature is a waste of development resources imo. There are numerous built in and 3rd party navigation apps for phones. There is no need for another. If it plotted routes with charge stops and could link with the car display then it would be worth it but not what it does now.

6. Digital key doesn’t work. It can be used to open the car but it is buried in the menu so doesn’t add any convenience. Car start doesn’t work on the MG4 at least. If this worked in the same way as other digital keys where the presence of the phone allows you to unlock get in and drive without taking your phone out of your pocket then that would be incredible. As it stands it’s still better to just take the actual key with you.

7. Multiple user accounts. Please allow multiple users to be able to use the app on their own devices.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back