Inefficient charging cable

These 22kwhr charging stations are pointless in most cases.
Presumably they're 3-phase. Much more of a job to install so more expensive. If adding to a typical street lighting circuit there will only be one phase. If you're a shopping centre wanting to cater for EV owners it will be a decision between 20 7kW chargers or (say) 5 22kW ones. If you're lucky, a 7kW charger will offset your shopping trip.

With a Trophy it is capable of 135kW max charge rate via CCS - however that is at optimum battery temperature and low state of charge so in the real world you'll get less, especially as it fills up. You should achieve 50kW no problem say until 70-80% then it will drop. I have seen 50kW at 80%, 30kW at 90%, for example.

Here are some photos of rate I got on a BP Pulse charger rated at 150kW but I never saw more than 87kW.

I don't think I'm the only one to see in excess of 135kw. This was last week in Scotland. Admittedly the battery would have been toasty warm after a long drive, and charge started from something around 25% full.

PXL_20230406_182701702.jpg

I don't think I'm the only one to see in excess of 135kw. This was last week in Scotland. Admittedly the battery would have been toasty warm after a long drive, and charge started from something around 25% full.

View attachment 16917
You are not the only one, I was just quoting the official figure. Good to see. 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back