Information on the 12V Battery.

I think you meant to say replace the 12v lead acid battery as it's not a lithium battery.
Have you fitted a dashcam or do you reguarly check the car with the iSmart app? Both of which could discharge the battery.
Yes sorry, replace the lead acid battery? No i don’t use a dashcam and didn’t check the app at all, plus 100% sure the car was locked. Is there anything else that could cause it as 2 weeks is no time at all for a car to be left…maybe MG should supply a battery jump start pack with their MG4 ☺️

Yes sorry, replace the lead acid battery? No i don’t use a dashcam and didn’t check the app at all, plus 100% sure the car was locked. Is there anything else that could cause it as 2 weeks is no time at all for a car to be left…maybe MG should supply a battery jump start pack with their MG4 ☺️
I think the problem is that they appear to be quite poor quality 12v batteries, they are only covered by the warranty up to 12 months and even then the pay out is limited to £100.

It could be that you have an earlier version of software either in the infotainment or the car modules that has a parasitic loss bug.

I would report to your dealer and ask them to investigate and apply the latest updates as an attempt to fix.

If you look on amazon you can get something called a 'bluetooth battery monitor'.

They are around £20 - £30 which isn't cheap, but cheaper than a new battery.

They pair to your phone and log the voltage over time, and you can even make it send alerts if the voltage goes too lower.

I have one and can recommend it, it will also log the history of your 12v battery voltage and it can make a graph showing it over time:

G0ZdlZX.jpg

So far I've not seen it go below 12v, or above 15v, so I would say the battery is working as expected.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Is it safe to conclude that the MG4 battery operates between 14.2 and 12.1 Volt?
Having a 4500 mAh capacity, and an 2.1V range, that would give about 9.000 watt of usable power right?

I was thinking about getting a dashcam with 24/7 parking mode, that uses about 2 Watt in idle mode. Would that mean that i can run that dashcam for 4500 hours (=187 days) before the 12V battery gets critically low?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back