Interesting/worrying story from Scotland - ZS with no brakes.

I did not gain much from Nick’s piece.
If the police car slowed carefully in front until contact and then brought car to stop there should be little damage. I still await a proper explanation.

I did not gain much from Nick’s piece.
If the police car slowed carefully in front until contact and then brought car to stop there should be little damage. I still await a proper explanation.
But as the MG was driving itself along it would continue to drive even though the other vehicle was stopping. When it finally stopped it would still continue leading to damage of vehicle, electrics and the motor?

Just an observation - wouldn't the brake regeneration (default is max) just slow the car to a crawling pace if the accelerator isn't pressed.
Or had this function also gone faulty?

But as the MG was driving itself along it would continue to drive even though the other vehicle was stopping. When it finally stopped it would still continue leading to damage of vehicle, electrics and the motor?
Still to find out how the policeman turned the car off after he jumped in.

Still so many questions with so few answers.

And the originator of this tale came on this forum and instead of offering detailed explanations of each point raised, decided to admonish us all for not believing him.

I'm sure there's a latin phrase for that used in law, but it eludes me at the moment.

Well if I were his lawyer I would be advising him to say nothing for fear of incrimination.
I don't think we're ever going to get any answers.
Got to say though, if it was myself in his position I would be fully engaging with this forum in order to get to the bottom of the alleged fault/faults.

By god I am sick of this story ... just goes to show how disinformation spreads like wildfire on social media & actually seems to carry more weight than the truth. Just like Brexit; just like Trump; just like the recent Australian referendum.
Its nothing like those three things.

I bumped into a friend in a local shop yesterday. He asked me if I was worried about my MG4, and the brakes failing.
I said no.
Oh, but that news report from Scotland.
That was a ZS.
Oh, the news story I saw had a picture of an MG4 like yours.
That story is full of inconsistencies, and there are questions over how many safety systems could possibly fail at once. Don't believe everything you read.
Ah ok, thanks.

Then he started talking about the fire in Luton airport car park.
Yes, it was a Land Rover (we both have Land Rovers)
Yes, but it was a hybrid
Yes, but could easily have been a 12v electrical system fault. It was smoking on way into car park (alleged)

Oh, I can't get an EV as need to travel more than 100 miles before recharging.
I get nearly 300 miles, where did you get that from?

The misinformation is rife!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom