Is everyday charging harmful for the battery ?

They do on the mg5 LR too I see the red light in rear view mirror

This was a 50kW Polar labelled charger.
Yep, there is a charging hub at MK Coachway with 9 chargers. A void though after dark as lighting is really poor and on my last visit at around 10 pm 6 of the 9 were taken by unattended Milton Keynes City minibuses and all but one had finishes bar 1 and of the remaining 3 bays 2 wouldn't start a charge and one was charging very slowly...

Yep, there is a charging hub at MK Coachway with 9 chargers. A void though after dark as lighting is really poor and on my last visit at around 10 pm 6 of the 9 were taken by unattended Milton Keynes City minibuses and all but one had finishes bar 1 and of the remaining 3 bays 2 wouldn't start a charge and one was charging very slowly...
This is a known complaint on various Twitter threads - turns out there is an overstay charge but it's capped at £10 so the council vehicles block these frequently

Similar to this issue

You know having read on this stream how often BP Pulse Rapid chargers stop at 80% or if not 80% soon after i'm wondering if they have set this charging parameter to do this and free up DC Rapid Chargers for the next paying customer as typically EVs will slow down to speeds comparable with that of an AC 7 kW "Fast Charger" and thereby maximise the DC Rapid Charger through put particularly on Filling Station Forecourts. Which would also maximise their revenue from the site. Those that go beyond 80% are perhaps triggered when the charge rate falls to some predetermined threshold. It would be good to get an insider's leaked comment :)

Although if it is a commercial decision to do it, fine but a little transparency wouldn't go a miss then customers would know what to expect rather than mark BP Pulse DC Rapids as faulty or unreliable to be avoided!

What does anyone else think?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom