iSmart connection problem

Think of the car's account account like an Amazon account. You can access it from any device by entering your username and password.
Use your old log in details on your new phone and it will log your old phone out. If you've changed your number use the old number and change it to the new one once you've gained access.
Thank you for your answer.
It's a problem here; I logged in but was requested to bond the phone with the car, and when I tried, the answer was, "The car is already bonded; unbind the car and bond again." - I can't unbind it until I bond it; it's a vicious circle.

If the app is asking you to bind to the car, you're logged in to the wrong account.

Thank you for your answer.
It's a problem here; I logged in but was requested to bond the phone with the car, and when I tried, the answer was, "The car is already bonded; unbind the car and bond again." - I can't unbind it until I bond it; it's a vicious circle.
As a last resort if you send Miles Roberts of The Chorley Group your VIN number, and a proof of ownership (registration document/copy of order form/invoice), he will see if he can get it unbound for you.
Email to [email protected]

Remember he does this as a favour for the forum members and is not employed by MG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took delivery of MG4 Trophy last Wednesday.
Downloaded iSmart from App Store.
Could not register - getting error message that there was no network connection.
Today I received the following message from theDealer:
"MG are currently having a problem with the App and we are finding we’re not able to register any new cars to the App. We will monitor the situation and advise you when MG have resolved the problem".

Anybody else experiencing this problem ?
I have tried to bind my car and app. The QR code scans and ‘success’ appears on my phone screen however the app still says car is unbound. Doing my head in now so I’ve given up!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back