Actually the app isn't 100% for me. Although it's reporting zero abnormalities on the car, all the tyres are apparently at zero pressure and I'm not getting an interior temperature reading. It's still monitoring the charging process though.
Seems like a lot of users have different problems with some features 🤷‍♂️

Another thing I've noticed pretty much since I got the car less than two weeks ago, is that it's in the lap of the gods whether or not it actually lets me into the "Vehicle Status" screen.

Another thing I've noticed pretty much since I got the car less than two weeks ago, is that it's in the lap of the gods whether or not it actually lets me into the "Vehicle Status" screen.
That was working fine for me until I just checked it just now 😱,might be caused by me only being on 4G & not WiFi 🤷‍♂️

It's worked for me again, but often I tap the arrow and absolutely nothing happens. I'm on my home wifi.

Well, when I say worked, while it's notifying zero abnormalities it has all the tyres at 0.0 Bar pressure and no reading for inside temperature. It was like that earlier this morning too.

It's worked for me again, but often I tap the arrow and absolutely nothing happens. I'm on my home wifi.

Well, when I say worked, while it's notifying zero abnormalities it has all the tyres at 0.0 Bar pressure and no reading for inside temperature. It was like that earlier this morning too.
Has anyone had all the features work perfectly?

It works pretty reliably for me. Occasionally it needs an app close/restart and sometimes the car doesn't have signal when out and about but that's normal.

That said, I am not using the preheating now (warm down here) so just use it to set charge level, check it has charged and status check, all which work reliably.

It may depend on the right software version in the car.

My car is only 12 days old and the app has only been on my computer for 12 days...
Yes, but there are many different modules in the car that have different software versions as well as the Infotainment which is different between SE/Trophy. I do not know what is used by the app, but presume it is Infotainment plus a comms module of some sort (might be built in).

New cars don't necessarily have the updates installed since they were built unless the dealer has been fastidious about installing them all. Some are and some are not (and some encounter problems doing so too).

If I get an issue with the car scanning returning odd values, I just click the Refresh button and that seems to solve it.

If I get an issue with the car scanning not working, it usually means the car has gone into a deep sleep - an unlock/lock cycle usually fixes that.

Yes, but there are many different modules in the car that have different software versions as well as the Infotainment which is different between SE/Trophy. I do not know what is used by the app, but presume it is Infotainment plus a comms module of some sort (might be built in).

New cars don't necessarily have the updates installed since they were built unless the dealer has been fastidious about installing them all. Some are and some are not (and some encounter problems doing so too).

My dealer said the latest software had been installed in the car that morning, and I've seen no reason to doubt him.

Just checked it again. Still monitoring the charging correctly, still reporting no abnormalities on "Vehicle Status", but still showing tyre pressures as zero and no reading for internal temperature.

The tyre pressures have been showing up on the dashboard, although I haven't looked right now. I'm not sure if there is an internal temparature readout on the dashboard, is there?

Just been out to look. The inside temperature is on the left of the top centre readouts on my infotainment screen. (Top right is the outside temperature.) It's showing 25C which is fine (the car is sitting in the sun). I realise I can't check the tyre pressures while it's on the charger though. Gimme ten minutes. (It has just reached 100% but it seems to want another ten minutes, presumably to balance.)

Another oddity is that the app and the car are showing different values for remaining range.

Just been out to look. The inside temperature is on the left of the top centre readouts on my infotainment screen. (Top right is the outside temperature.) It's showing 25C which is fine (the car is sitting in the sun). I realise I can't check the tyre pressures while it's on the charger though. Gimme ten minutes. (It has just reached 100% but it seems to want another ten minutes, presumably to balance.)
Yes, sorry you said inside and top right is outside, my bad.
Another oddity is that the app and the car are showing different values for remaining range.
Mine does that too, the app seems to lose its brains sometimes and switches to km instead of miles, resetting the units seems to fix it.

I don't think it's the units, the difference isn't big enough.

The car is showing the tyre pressures no problem. And hey, so is the app now. And it's showing the interior temperature as well. Glory hallelujah. The only anomaly now is that the app says I have 164 miles and the car says 155. It's academic, but I can't see why they wouldn't agree.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back