I didn't know that, thanks for the information.

If you're wondering why the low range at 100% charge, it's brass monkeys here, and I was doing a bit of sporty driving yesterday. Also I haven't yet got the hang of not braking when I don't need to.

As an update, the iDumb is now working again after a week offline. I use it to see how the solar is charging etc. One thing I did notice was that it reset the max charge to 100% when it was not working so you may need to check this.

As an update, the iDumb is now working again after a week offline. I use it to see how the solar is charging etc. One thing I did notice was that it reset the max charge to 100% when it was not working so you may need to check this.
that’s good news for you Bernie but this morning my wife’s MG4 iSmart has stopped working and I can’t get it to 😡😡 but daft thing is my MG5 is fine and they are side by side on the drive.
Les

After being a bit flaky yesterday morning mine seemed to be OK when I checked it in the evening. This morning it took a while to recognise the car but everything worked once it did.

Tried once more to reinstall yesterday, but this time changed my verification number. Seemed to sort of work, but showed the car not being charged even though 3.8kW of solar electrons were being crammed in.
This morning you ask? True to form, it's not working at all 🙄

Tried once more to reinstall yesterday, but this time changed my verification number. Seemed to sort of work, but showed the car not being charged even though 3.8kW of solar electrons were being crammed in.
This morning you ask? True to form, it's not working at all 🙄
Verification code do you mean password ?
Les

What I can’t understand is both mine and my wife’s cars have been fine for weeks and my 5 still is but the 4 has been slow at times but today nothing tried shutting down and rebooting the iphone and reloaded the the app no joy at all.
Les

What I can’t understand is both mine and my wife’s cars have been fine for weeks and my 5 still is but the 4 has been slow at times but today nothing tried shutting down and rebooting the iphone and reloaded the the app no joy at all.
Les
My personal opinion is that they've left the apprentice in charge of the SAIC servers.

I just checked mine. It found the car quickly and let me know I'd left it sitting unlocked, then it let me lock it remotely. Tapping on "Vehicle Status" is however getting me nowhere. Also, the charging management screen isn't registering the state of charge, although it's there on the remote control screen.

Gah! Can't get my trophy (in the newly christened iDumb app - like that) to stay at 80%. Go out to the car, manually set it to 80%, come back into the house check on the phone - jumps back to 100%. Don't want/need 100% for tomorrow but need only a bit more than I have, in order to not go below 20%.

Opinion: Is it better (ie less worse) to go below 20% as opposed to all the way to 100%?

Oh just had a thought - Zappi charger - 7kWh-ish from Octopus Go for up to 4 hours - use their app and schedule it for (for example) 1.5 hours - 10kWh in a 60kWh battery is 16% - it's on 55% so that'll take me to 71% which is less than 80% (good) and will leave me with more than 20% (also good). Obviously, all numbers are '-ish'!

Set the charge target in the car, then don't look at the app. (I'm sure I've read that some think looking at the app - i.e. synching with the car - causes the target to be reset).

Set the charge target in the car, then don't look at the app. (I'm sure I've read that some think looking at the app - i.e. synching with the car - causes the target to be reset).
Not for me. I can adjust it from the car and/or the app and it always stays at whatever I change it to (and stops charging at the right point).

Well, I did it doing my 'ish' maths and set the Zappi to 2 hours (better to be safe than sorry).

Got in the car this AM and found 77% so my maths wasn't 'that' bad.

So in two hours on a Zappi I got 22%-ish.
Good to know. Now I'm on 40% so I'm expecting 2 hours to give me (another) 22%-ish to 62%-ish which will take me into the low 30%-ish tomorrow. Good to know.

I will use 'Set charge in car and leave App well alone' on the weekend).

Hmm, seems to be working for me, but then I'm not trying to restrict charge to 80%. (I'm not even charging tonight, I still have 79% in hand.)

There is one oddity. "Vehicle Status" is working again, but I did not believe that the car's internal temperature was 25C. It's been sitting in the drive since about 5.30. The external temperature reads 8C which may be right because the BBC weather app predicts 7C. So I did it again and got 21C. Immediately refreshed and got 19C. Still saying 19C after I typed all that. I don't see how it can be.

PS. Down to 15C now.

I remember it did something similar yesterday evening too.

Yesterday at one point iSmart told me the internal temperature of the car was 87C!

Seems to be working better on that front now, I'm seeing a plausible 10C with outside temperature 6C. However when I opened the app it correctly showed that I'd fogotten to lock the car. So I thought I'd just lock it through the app. No luck. It kept asking me to confirm that the car was powered down, and when I did it didn't believe me. I walked out to the drive and pressed the door button, instant success. After that it was suddenly possible to unlock and re-lock with the app.

Have now got App problems, it won't stop charging at the requested 80%, I can remotely lock/unlock doors but can't pre heat cabin, it shows an error message (47), 😱
You might have 100% set on the car infotainment. If so this overrides the app.

I've found if I park too close to my apartment block it struggles to connect but a bit further away it's fine. It's not the most reliable but it is something I've noticed.

The GPS location too is accurate but sometimes has the wrong house number but that's because the GPS accuracy is within hundreds of meters not cm.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back