Issue with my nav screen mg5 (non facelift)

Jones886

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all having issues with my infotainment screen keeps cutting out on andriod auto and completely shuts down when driving .... but there is light at the end of the tunnel spoke to mg technical today and there is now a update avialbule so if anyone is having the same issue I'd look at getting booked in. Do have a video but won't let me post on here just thought I'd share the information

Also can anyone recommend a wireless andriod auto box the aa wireless one is currently out of stock

Hi all having issues with my infotainment screen keeps cutting out on andriod auto and completely shuts down when driving .... but there is light at the end of the tunnel spoke to mg technical today and there is now a update avialbule so if anyone is having the same issue I'd look at getting booked in. Do have a video but won't let me post on here just thought I'd share the information

Also can anyone recommend a wireless andriod auto box the aa wireless one is currently out of stock
Is the FL?

interesting, same car, what i am finding is i am getting through a lot of cables! everytime my android auto goes flaky (disconnects or screen black) i change the usbc cable between phone and car and then its stable for a few months.

interesting, same car, what i am finding is i am getting through a lot of cables! everytime my android auto goes flaky (disconnects or screen black) i change the usbc cable between phone and car and then its stable for a few months.
Not an MG specific problem this one, I went through tonnes of cables with AA in my old SEAT. AA also seems to have got less reliable over the last 5 years.

I still think it's likely more to do with the actual connection than the cable itself. Your socket will be a bit worn and allow a little movement of the cable. A new cable will be "perfectly formed" until it's been used a bit, by when it's shape is likely to be invisibly altered.

I know for fact that there is no forgiveness in the software - no retries if the connection drops. I know this because AA works fine but if you go into an area with no signal the connection to your phone dies. Can be proven by simply turning off mobile signal momentarily. Sometimes it recovers fully (i.e. complete with the route you were following) but more often than not the map comes back on but the route is gone.

Maybe this is impacting the wired connection too but I don't think it should. (It's been identified, probably correctly, as a phone specific problem in Xiaomi phones)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom