• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Latest MG Cyberster spy shots

Electrically powered scissor doors....
A gimmick to distract from the fact this is no sports car.

Its the same weight as an American pickup, and only two seats.

The door arrangement seems moronic. That's 50lbs they could have saved right there.

But MG isn't a sports car maker. They are fooling people into thinking they are. A Sports Car maker would have made sure the lambo door never saw the light of day.

Mazda did a way better job with the MX5, with their gram strategy (straight from the Colin Chapman rule book). I suspect the MG, rather than being a breakthrough car for China, will merely confirm the Chinese can't actually design a decent car at the moment. Learn to walk before you run.

A gimmick to distract from the fact this is no sports car.

Its the same weight as an American pickup, and only two seats.

The door arrangement seems moronic. That's 50lbs they could have saved right there.

But MG isn't a sports car maker. They are fooling people into thinking they are. A Sports Car maker would have made sure the lambo door never saw the light of day.

Mazda did a way better job with the MX5, with their gram strategy (straight from the Colin Chapman rule book). I suspect the MG, rather than being a breakthrough car for China, will merely confirm the Chinese can't actually design a decent car at the moment. Learn to walk before you run.
Totally disagree with you. Do you think BMW should have put ordinary doors on the i8 as well?

There is a market for a large fast Grand Tourer, which this will be. Some of us like that and don't want a poxy toy sized car like the MX5 to throw around like a boy racer! As for only 2 seats, great, people buying this type of car don't get it to do the family shopping run, it's for fun use. If I can find room in the garage, I'll be getting one. 😛

Original images were removed, for some reason.

Spy shots can be seen at this link: MG Cyberster electric roadster spied

Looks a lot like this in real life...
2024-MG-Cyberster-render-red-1001x565.jpg

MG-cyberster-interior-volante-yoke.jpg
Looks a great car and would be keen if it drives as well as it looks, but you don't drive images and based on my 13month and counting wait for a MG ZS EV I wonder how long it will be before anyone actually gets to own and drive one...Given the rumours are MG ZS EV have been bumped down the priority list in favour of MG4 orders, are MG4 owners waiting on their orders worried yet???

Looks a great car and would be keen if it drives as well as it looks, but you don't drive images and based on my 13month and counting wait for a MG ZS EV I wonder how long it will be before anyone actually gets to own and drive one...Given the rumours are MG ZS EV have been bumped down the priority list in favour of MG4 orders, are MG4 owners waiting on their orders worried yet???
ZS EV's are in stock new and pre registered all over Autotrader, so why are you still waiting? Can't you just buy one from a dealer with stock?

Totally disagree with you. Do you think BMW should have put ordinary doors on the i8 as well?

There is a market for a large fast Grand Tourer, which this will be. Some of us like that and don't want a poxy toy sized car like the MX5 to throw around like a boy racer! As for only 2 seats, great, people buying this type of car don't get it to do the family shopping run, it's for fun use. If I can find room in the garage, I'll be getting one. 😛

Yup, on the i8 those doors are a gimmick. And this is not a fast car, in terms of sustaining a high average speed. Yes, it will accelerate fast off the line. Top speed in only ~120mph, which is barely walking pace on an autobahn. Grand Tourers need 400-500 mile range at average 70-80mph. This won't be able to do that; maybe one or the other but not both. The target will be whether you can get from London to Tuscany in time for dinner.

Grand Tourers need a decent amount of luggage space. This won't have it.

My other car is a "poxy" MX5, which is the biggest selling sportscar of all time, after breaking the record held by the MGB. So a lot of people do like it, and it is the market MG have their eyes on. Average age on a new MX5 owner is about 60 years, so not boy racer material, and many use their cars to go touring.

MG claim this car is a continuation of the tradition embodied in the MGB (they make no mention of the MGF and TF models). So its them who are claiming this be a sportscar.

Its size is a sign of the limitations of lithium batteries. Which is why MG have been adding thick black trim around the beltline to try and tone down its mass.

And you contradict yourself; a fast grand tourer AND a weekend fun car?

Its girth means it won't fit into a standard UK single garage.

1.9 meters wide. My other car is a X350 Jag XJ8; width 1.8m. My MX5: 1.7m. At that width, in a standard garage, it goes in, but let the passenger out first. And there is no way I am even trying the Jag in there. Garage is standard UK spec, 2.4m x 4.9m. Ah, at 4.5 long, the work bench will also need to go, and a bit shuffling around this to plug it in for the night.

8f8e564e46bda570786c5f6bf385c714ebede5e3.jpeg

More strange official spy shots

MG clearly don't understand when you have pretend spy photos, your man needs to be paid to hide in the bushes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom