Latest MG Cyberster spy shots

w700d1q75cms.jpg

I have been at the MotorExpo in Bangkok this week and saw the Cyberster live. I took a lot of pictures and will post some here.
It looks absolute great. Quality exterior and interior is phantastic. I was really impressed. Inside all nice material, nowhere plastic like in European cars. I have to admit that the velour on seats was a bit stressed from the constant viewing by people going in and out. Not hundreds, I am talking about thousands.
If the automatic roof is still working after the exhibition than it would be extreme good quality. Constantly openend and closed all day long as everybody viewing the car, including me, wants to try it of course.
The trunk heavy and solid sound when closing. Boot is with lining inside, even there is no engine. Normaly that is done for sound proof. Long story short. It has nothing to do with the normal MGs we know.
To put my comments in perspective. I am German and drive a BMW 330e in the moment here in Thailand.
MG Thailand has around 1000 reservation for the Cyberster on hand!!
Cool reservation system. You pay around USD 250 reservation fee. In June 2024 they will release the final price. Than you have 30 days to back out and get back your reservation.
If you stay in, your car will be delivered 4 weeks later with a discount of 1000 USD. That is an incentive for the reservation you did. Good for them as they know pretty much what they will sell.
Downside, also here the price will be not as cheap as in China. USD 70K plus minus, depending on the model you select. That is still half price of the BMW Z4 40i, which is the only comparable model here in Thailand. Not by image though and not by re-sell value I guess.
Tried to figure out what A/C on-board charger will be built in. The product manager told me he does not know but he believes a stronger one than the other MGs. I hope for at least 11 kwh. Did anyone of you hear anything firm?
Hope you find this information helpful.

I have been at the MotorExpo in Bangkok this week and saw the Cyberster live. I took a lot of pictures and will post some here.
It looks absolute great. Quality exterior and interior is phantastic. I was really impressed. Inside all nice material, nowhere plastic like in European cars. I have to admit that the velour on seats was a bit stressed from the constant viewing by people going in and out. Not hundreds, I am talking about thousands.
If the automatic roof is still working after the exhibition than it would be extreme good quality. Constantly openend and closed all day long as everybody viewing the car, including me, wants to try it of course.
The trunk heavy and solid sound when closing. Boot is with lining inside, even there is no engine. Normaly that is done for sound proof. Long story short. It has nothing to do with the normal MGs we know.
To put my comments in perspective. I am German and drive a BMW 330e in the moment here in Thailand.
MG Thailand has around 1000 reservation for the Cyberster on hand!!
Cool reservation system. You pay around USD 250 reservation fee. In June 2024 they will release the final price. Than you have 30 days to back out and get back your reservation.
If you stay in, your car will be delivered 4 weeks later with a discount of 1000 USD. That is an incentive for the reservation you did. Good for them as they know pretty much what they will sell.
Downside, also here the price will be not as cheap as in China. USD 70K plus minus, depending on the model you select. That is still half price of the BMW Z4 40i, which is the only comparable model here in Thailand. Not by image though and not by re-sell value I guess.
Tried to figure out what A/C on-board charger will be built in. The product manager told me he does not know but he believes a stronger one than the other MGs. I hope for at least 11 kwh. Did anyone of you hear anything firm?
Hope you find this information helpful.

Attachments

• 20231205_125507.jpg
    20231205_125507.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20231205_125341.jpg
    20231205_125341.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 20231205_125326.jpg
    20231205_125326.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20231205_124755.jpg
    20231205_124755.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20231205_124458.jpg
    20231205_124458.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 71
About 1850kg for the RWD and 340hp has been mentioned. 5 seconds acceleration. Dimensions are similar to. F Type Jaguar and very low. There is more space in the cabin for people who are over 6 feet than the F type.

Dimensions (mm) 4535*1913*1329
Wheelbase (mm) 2690

These kinds of roofs are normally stress-tested in the design process for thousands of opening and closing cycles.

The more important thing normally is how easy they are to repair and service when something does go wrong with the roof. That's what dictates the long-term experience.

Some makers have made them almost impossible to repair economically, others have thought-through how to make all parts easily serviceable.

45 to 60k. Thats why i might just get an F Type V8 R instead. Theyre in the 30s now

For a reason. Older F-types especially have an issue with subframe corrosion. Also, Jaguar is not very good parts support for older models, deleting parts without warning. I'm now struggling for some critical parts for a V8 X350. For instance, the thermostat housing on the AJV8 is plastic. At about 120k miles it will crack. Jaguar have now dropped the part, leaving garages to try and epoxy it back together.

For a reason. Older F-types especially have an issue with subframe corrosion. Also, Jaguar is not very good parts support for older models, deleting parts without warning. I'm now struggling for some critical parts for a V8 X350. For instance, the thermostat housing on the AJV8 is plastic. At about 120k miles it will crack. Jaguar have now dropped the part, leaving garages to try and epoxy it back together.
Sure it's not a rebadged Ford part?

What year is that car?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom