Latest MG Cyberster spy shots

iteya28hma2thgvltgpp.jpeg
ovbnmhe3jitfvd9v71ah.jpeg
vrt3jffqxvubrk8ggfux.jpeg
F6UyZX6W8AAof9O.jpeg

Why kind of tame review is that? Slowest drive ever, and another "reviewer" taking manufacturer claims without question. Its Mark Rainford, who also did the Autoexpress review. Graduated from Cov Uni/Poly in 2009ish, making him about 16 when they stopped MGTF production the first time. Needs a faster drone, because 10mph park cruising does not make a car review

Why kind of tame review is that? Slowest drive ever, and another "reviewer" taking manufacturer claims without question. Its Mark Rainford, who also did the Autoexpress review. Graduated from Cov Uni/Poly in 2009ish, making him about 16 when they stopped MGTF production the first time. Needs a faster drone, because 10mph park cruising does not make a car review
I'm thinking the Chinese based reviews need to be taken with a pinch of salt, Westerners living in China very much have to tow the line and I doubt anyone likely to be critical in any way is going to be given a car for review. Remember also, SAIC/MG is entirely CCP owned, so it may not be in any reviewers best interests, (from a comfortable life as a westerner living in China point of view) to be too critical of Chinese products!

Last edited:
Valid but it was wet weather so no ones taking any risks. Reviewed on same day as a lot of the other reviews (rainy). The chinese reviewer made valid criticisms comparing to his F Type. I rather get these reviews and insights than media blackouts like they do on some products. Who seem to have more to hide. Wanting you to preorder blind.

Looks to me like it was a factory test track, so he was probably severely warned about having actual fun in the car, and in the interior driving shots he never goes above 45kph (28mph).

I'm thinking the Chinese based reviews need to be taken with a pinch of salt, Westerners living in China very much have to tow the line and I doubt anyone likely to be critical in any way is going to be given a car for review. Remember also, SAIC/MG is entirely CCP owned, so it may not be in any reviewers best interests, (from a comfortable life as a westerner living in China point of view) to be too critical of Chinese products!
Pretty sure they are not doing these reviews with a proverbial gun to their head. Rater, they have a big sack of cash coming their way

SAIC isn't entirely CCP owned; most of its ownership is through a network of investment vehicles that either lead to the central government or local government. But there is some small shareholdings from some Western entities, such as Blackrock and at least one UK pension fund.

These China-based youtubers are there because of the Chinese government, not in spite of it. They are very willing in their opinions. ie. they are not being coerced into saying the latest BYD is a brilliant car.

Looks to me like it was a factory test track, so he was probably severely warned about having actual fun in the car, and in the interior driving shots he never goes above 45kph (28mph).
Well Mark Rainford, in his Evo version of the review, said all the driving was on the east coast of Hainan island. Hainan is basically a big resort.

He's added no more insight, though because this piece is for Evo, he has to come over as slight more skeptical.

Oh look, he milked another piece;

Hainan is basically a big resort island. Imagine if Disney took over the Isle of Wight, and got rid of the caravans. The roads are perfect, everywhere seems planned for a stunning vista. There is no test track on the island.

We already know that MG have taken the Cyberster for testing at Shanghai Tianma circuit.

Music video. Some of the cars, not all, were badged as 100th Anniversary editions.

Pretty sure they are not doing these reviews with a proverbial gun to their head. Rater, they have a big sack of cash coming their way

SAIC isn't entirely CCP owned; most of its ownership is through a network of investment vehicles that either lead to the central government or local government. But there is some small shareholdings from some Western entities, such as Blackrock and at least one UK pension fund.

These China-based youtubers are there because of the Chinese government, not in spite of it. They are very willing in their opinions. ie. they are not being coerced into saying the latest BYD is a brilliant car.

Well Mark Rainford, in his Evo version of the review, said all the driving was on the east coast of Hainan island. Hainan is basically a big resort.

He's added no more insight, though because this piece is for Evo, he has to come over as slight more skeptical.

Oh look, he milked another piece;

Hainan is basically a big resort island. Imagine if Disney took over the Isle of Wight, and got rid of the caravans. The roads are perfect, everywhere seems planned for a stunning vista. There is no test track on the island.

We already know that MG have taken the Cyberster for testing at Shanghai Tianma circuit.

Music video. Some of the cars, not all, were badged as 100th Anniversary editions.

credits to the locals who made the video... I found a video of a guy talking for 15 minutes and thought no one wants to hear it so chucked some music on top of it lol More views if i posted it on the weekend

It is still very early. I will wait for European road test reviews and obviously my road test.
Look forward to members opinions.

Last edited:
Evo shots

Really like the shape. I'm at a middle age now for a convertible. The front reminds me of the 370z nismo I had. Unique. Although that one had red accents on a white car so people always stared at the front bumper. I was speaking to a manager at MG and he reckons there might be additional body kits and accessories available to order. Probably 50/50 on that happening. The front bumper does look good but maybe an extra lip valance could improve it especially the front center section (signature) for MG. It already has side skirts from factory and obvious rear diffuser

Attachments

• MG Cyberster review evo-5.jpg
    MG Cyberster review evo-5.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 72
  • MG Cyberster review evo-4.jpg
    MG Cyberster review evo-4.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 72
A guy took delivery of Cyberster over a week ago in China

" it is still very beautiful. The car is easy to drive. The driving experience is not as fun as imagined. It is still a small sports car that is easy to drive and can be used daily"

"Some details are still a bit cheap, but the price is there, so don’t ask for too much."

Taking delivery in the mainland

2 Uni students took delivery as well.

Another delivery in Mainland China

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom