• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Let’s see who gets rattled - charging details

@GrahamH
By MG's own data if all one does is city driving then the GOM would show up to 231 miles on a single charge and I know of a few OAPs with ZS EV who were getting 215 to 220 both before and after C2U because they do short slow drives to the supermarket only. So getting GOM readings over 200 is normal if that is the type of driving you do.
I note you question if C2U may have done a miracle on the ZS EV GOM.
If C2U does something miraculous to the car, I would expect the GOMs in the cars of these OAPs to now be showing 300 on a single charge.....😁🤔
Anyway what about all the other thousands of ZS EV that have been sold and software Updated?
Why have they not experienced this miracle?.... I forgot this question has been answer already... Only the "choosen" get the miracle.
Well let's leave the myths behind and tackle the science......
It is a known fact that certain 1st generation EVs with air cooled battery systems had a wider buffer with regards to depth of discharge to protect the batteries and also prevent customers from making claims on batteries in the early days of the EV market. The companies however stated clearly what their battery depth of discharge was. It think some were about 70 to 80%. As manufacturers became more knowledgeable about real life battery degradation and more efficient methods of battery cooling they updated their software to increase the depth of discharge to 90- 95% and to the best of my knowledge they explained to their customers what was being done.
I wonder why MG in their information update on the C2U did not mention the miracle of the GOM. No sorry I know the answer to that question..... It will be revealed only to "the chosen" .
@GrahamH I note you stopped and charged your car when you felt the mileage on the GOM may have been unreasonable. That was absolutely the right thing to do.
So my question is what is the gain to you as a owner and to MG as a manufacturer of having a GOM that shows miraculous high mileage that is not achievable in the every cars that these miraculous high range is appearing?
Clearly there is no benefit except if one wants to promote "the cult of the chosen few"......
@GrahamH I would suggest if you think your GOM is malfunctioning that you have it checked.
There is nothing to be gained by your GOM showing 1 million miles when you know the battery will not take you that far and you can see that even if you drive at a speed of I mile per hour and your efficiency is 100miles per kWh you will not make the I million miles shown on your GOM.
@GrahamH I do not think you should worry about MG doing something that will undermine its best selling car in the UK by putting in an upgrade that will lead to quicker battery degradation. MG will not self sabotage in that way.
The way I see it the only people undermining MG are the "prohets of the chosen few cult" who persistently misinform about how GOM works, claim their GOMs and hence their cars have miraculously range and then when they can not achieve that range they abuse and degrade MG saying their GOM is basic, inaccurate, deviates by as much as 80miles and even that the software on their GOM is that of another MG not the ZS EV. Yet they continue to proclaim their GOM miraculous.
All I will say is beware of these "wolves in sheep clothing" and if you have any doubt about your GOM have it checked
Didn't realise that my post would stir such 'passion'!

I'm not suggesting that MG themselves are doing anything more deceitful than any other manufacturer by keeping some battery in reserve to avoid potentially expensive warranty claims. Keeping an open and logical mind, what I suspect has happened, it that 'patch' was accidentally installed in July when the vehicle was updated. I will be checking this with the dealer but knowledge of the EV is sparse at the moment, hence I was interested in the experience of other owners before I approached them. The fact that you confirm it isn't general only goes to support my, perhaps deluded, belief ;-)

Thanks again to all. I look forward to many more constructive discussions

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what the troll @KasEV said but that is the one person that can be safely ignored on these boards.

That muppet is more interested in attention than engaging in conversation. Click ignore and avoid.
Did so a long time ago, much happier not seeing his stupid comments.

I'm not suggesting that MG themselves are doing anything more deceitful than any other manufacturer by keeping some battery in reserve to avoid potentially expensive warranty claims. Keeping an open and logical mind, what I suspect has happened, it that 'patch' was accidentally installed in July when the vehicle was updated. I will be checking this with the dealer but knowledge of the EV is sparse at the moment, hence I was interested in the experience of other owners before I approached them. The fact that you confirm it isn't general only goes to support my, perhaps deluded, belief ;-)

Thanks again to all. I look forward to many more constructive discussions
My sincerest apologies to all AOPs for the using my fellow pensioners data as an example in this thread. It was not meant to be ageist or an insult to those who are not of that age. It is only an example.
@GrahamH As to comments you have attributed to me about vegans and Oxfordshire. I have never mentioned vegans or Oxfordshire in posts in this thread so I will kindly ask that you do no attribute things I haven't posted to me. I have also not accussed you of making any suggestions of MG being deceitful about their battery. All I did was to explain what happened with some 1st generation Air cooled batteries.
My post in reply to your question about GOM is not meant in anyway to be an insult or attack on you personally and I am saddened if you felt that way. My comments are directed at those who deliberately dis-inform about the ZS EV GOM and for months has continued to make ridiculous claims both in this thread and eslewhere. I note your have decided to go and get your GOM checked which is all I have been advising for ages on this GOM issue not only in this thread but elsewhere. Unfortunately unlike yourself certain members deliberately started this thread in response to the advise to have their GOM checked and rather persisted with their ridiculous claims. They in fact did invited open and frank debate of the issues about GOM and that is why I contributed to this thread. But when their ridiculous claims are challenged all they do is respond only with abuse.
The disinformation in their posts is there for you to see and make your own judgement. The good thing is that you are having your GOM checked and that is excellent.
Please let us all know the outcome of your GOM check. All the Best.
I for one will continue to express my views on any deliberate and ridiculous disinformation politely and without insulting anyone.
I believe we all owe it to ourselves to call out such ridiculous claims and disinformation.
Thanks
KasEV

not listening.gif
:LOL:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom