Loss of Internet Trophy MG4

Paul V Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have a long range Trophy which has built in internet.
I am loosing the internet all the time, which hinders the weather & map in built app’s, plus voice control.
Has anyone got the same problem or have a solution.

I see that you’re in Shropshire. Could it be the area? I’ve had issues with a signal in the past. Is there a particular spot where it happens?

I see that you’re in Shropshire. Could it be the area? I’ve had issues with a signal in the past. Is there a particular spot where it happens?
I have the problem also traveling to Plymouth, so don’t believe its my local area issue. I have been in 4G & 5G areas with no service? It does come on occasionally.

I have the problem also traveling to Plymouth, so don’t believe its my local area issue. I have been in 4G & 5G areas with no service? It does come on occasionally.
Oh ok. I know how bad getting a signal in parts of Shropshire used to be, thought it might be that. It sounds like it’s something different.

I did,nt know it had built in internet, does it have a sim card or do you mean android auto?

I think some people can get confused with the terms used.
Some cars do have a hotspot for internet connection, so for example passengers can connect their devices, but this still uses the onboard esim for mobile connectivity.
Some cars are also wifi enabled so they can connect to a local wifi hotspot.

MG4 owners will know exactly the functionality for that model.
I would guess that the esim provides real-time map and weather updates as a minimum.
It will also provide location services via the MG server and connections like the MG remote app.
Sometimes there’s also a subscription to a music service like Spotify.
I doubt if over the air updates are available yet using the sim.
CarPlay and android auto will use the connected phones sim connectivity.

All models have a built in e-sim to enable the ismart app functions and background capabilities of the car that requires connection to services.
The trophy has the additional functionality with some services e.g. weather, Amazon music and hotspot functionality.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back