Don't rely on the TPMS or a tyre pump's readings for accurate pressures. I've found most tyre pumps to read low by a couple of psi. Use an accurate pressure gauge.

My tyre pressures use to read 2.5 or 2.4 with one tyre always reading a little lower then the rest despite checking they were all the same with a separate pressure gauge.

I've now put them all to 2.6 and they now all constantly read the same.

Ah, thanks. Because I've been having issues with DC charging lately and wondered if they were connected.
Hi, you have not had any updates recently have you? There is a update that then prevents DC charging, another update clears the issue on the EVCC (Elect Vehicle Charge Controller).

Hi, you have not had any updates recently have you? There is a update that then prevents DC charging, another update clears the issue on the EVCC (Elect Vehicle Charge Controller).

Thanks, Delboy. I heard about that and went into the dealer. They had no problems charging my car on their fast charger. When I tried elsewhere, I was also able to get it to work again, but with a lot more difficulty than I used to have. I'm not sure why it's harder now, unless there's a dodgy connection.

But to answer your question properly, I am not aware of receiving any updates. I didn't think they happened over the air for the mg4, but I could be wrong about that!

Trophy back from having all control modules updated. Tyre pressure display now showing KSI rather than bar. Any idea how to change display units?

I kept the tyre pressure screen visible today and noticed that in general the tyres were warming up to 2.6. The near fore had a tendency to go to 2.7 and maybe I should bleed a little air out? I've never had any access to real-time tyre pressure information before and I don't really know what's normal as regards range of acceptable pressures and variation between tyres. It's not at all easy to get all the tyres the same using a foot pump.

I kept the tyre pressure screen visible today and noticed that in general the tyres were warming up to 2.6. The near fore had a tendency to go to 2.7 and maybe I should bleed a little air out? I've never had any access to real-time tyre pressure information before and I don't really know what's normal as regards range of acceptable pressures and variation between tyres. It's not at all easy to get all the tyres the same using a foot pump.
Get a tyre pressure gauge with a release valve. Slightly over inflate the tyre and use the gauge to reduce the pressure down to the correct level.

The tyre pressure can vary between individual tyres depending on how much load they've been put under during cornering and braking. Also if one side of the car is in the sun it will alter the pressure.

I've not had any low pressure warnings on mine, most of the time they're showing 2.6 and they would drop to 2.5 on a cold morning. I noticed today on the app they're showing 2.4, but still no warning. It makes me wonder how accurate the sensors are and what the actual warning threshold is.
Does it work off an absolute pressure value or does it go on a drop in pressure amount from the first set up ?
The Prius used to go on a drop of 20%

It 6 months for me to need to put air in the tyres from new, they seem to go down very very slowly with the stock tyres.
That will be the oxygen permeating through the tyre, leaving nitrogen inside. After a while it will settle.

That will be the oxygen permeating through the tyre, leaving nitrogen inside. After a while it will settle.

That's interesting, I know for £1 extra some garages will inflate using nitrogen. On a scale that can be visualised, eg apple, golf ball, grape? Could you say what relative size nitrogen, oxygen and helium molecules are by any chance?

They are elements or atoms, not molecules.

This might help:

Always wash your hands after handling any molecules, in case you contaminate the local area! 😉

They are elements or atoms, not molecules.

This might help:

Always wash your hands after handling any molecules, in case you contaminate the local area! 😉
I always do especially after dealing with the molecules my dogs leave behind.

IMG_4901.png
Just to chime in on this thread, been getting a warning for the right rear now the temp had dropped. Funnily enough, it doesn’t seem too bothered about the front left being down to 2.4 either.

I’m wondering if the warning isn’t simply based on absolute temperature.
I wonder if the rate of pressure loss, or even the fact that there’s an imbalance between left and right side might cause this:
In particular, your front left and rear right are lower. Was this measured by the TPMS while on the move? Because 2.4 when tyres are warmed up is a bit low tbh.
I inflated mines to 2.42 all around the other day at 10C amb. Temp. And within 2 miles even at that temp the pressures are up to 2.5 on all corners. And soon after 2.6 if I do some country road driving

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back