Get a tyre pressure gauge with a release valve. Slightly over inflate the tyre and use the gauge to reduce the pressure down to the correct level.

The tyre pressure can vary between individual tyres depending on how much load they've been put under during cornering and braking. Also if one side of the car is in the sun it will alter the pressure.

I seem to have got mine right now. All showing 2.5 cold and 2.6 warm. I think they were slightly underinflated when I picked the car up. No more warnings.

When mine went down to 2.4 last week it still showed as "normal" on the app.
FWIW it was both fronts that were on 2.4, both the rears were at 2.5.

Mine were on 2.4 or so from when I got the car and I think I occasionally saw 2.3 cold. I didn't get the warning at all until the weather turned colder. This seems to be par for the course, or it was in my Golf anyway.

This always happened when I switched to winter tyres on my Golf, every bloody time, until I think the garage figured out how to stop it. So it's not just the MG4.

Is the warning clearing and then recurring? Putting a little air in each tyre then driving a mile or so might do the trick.

This always happened when I switched to winter tyres on my Golf, every bloody time, until I think the garage figured out how to stop it. So it's not just the MG4.

Is the warning clearing and then recurring? Putting a little air in each tyre then driving a mile or so might do the trick.
Yeah I drive a while and thought everything was fine, but the warning reappeared

I was getting the same thing last month but without changing the tyres. I think it was related to the colder weather setting in. (Again, this also used to happen in my Golf.) I followed the advice of others in the forum, fiddled a bit with the tyre pressures using a foot pump and brought them up to 2.5 BAR cold. They haven't done it again.

Air pressure should be correct, but warning keeps showing up. Tips?
If you've driven the car for a few miles and its still showing a fault
1. Have you checked the tyre pressures yourself both on the app and physically with a pressure gauge?
2. Did the tyre fitters put the wheels back in the same positions?
3. If they replaced the TPMS sensors did they calibrated them to the car?

As above . I bought a second set of alloys in april complete with new TPMS Autel branded. Upon removing the original wheels i marked their positions on each alloy ready for when i change back in a month or two.The new valves had to be coded then ran for about 2 miles and all worked as they should.

Just thought I should come back on here and say that in the 2 weeks or so since I topped up my air, the warnings have disappeared. They were appearing every two days or so, sometimes twice a day, even though the app was showing 2.4 Bar and saying that that was fine.

I topped it up to 2.5 and have had happy motoring ever since. I think whoever said I was probably wavering on the threshhold between two levels, was probably right.

Thanks to everybody who has responded to this thread with their helpful advice!

I finally got round to topping up after several days of warnings. Decided to go with the psi recommendation as I guess it would be more accurate. Turns out it’s closer to 2.6 bar.

IMG_4958.jpeg

Last night on my way home I suddenly got a low pressure tyre warning. When I called up the tyre pressure screen all the tyres were at 2.4 or 2.5 BAR, including the one that is supposedly low.

When I scanned the car with the app this morning, same thing. Low pressure warning but all tyres are showing normal pressure.

Do I believe the pressure readings and assume this is a false alarm? How do I clear the warning?

Bowfer mentioned having a similar problem last year but as I haven't seen a thread on this in five months I thought I'd start again.
Yep - same issue when temperature outside dipped. All tyres were showing 2.4 Bar, but an alert on one of them came up regularly. I blew them all up to 2.6, seems to have fixed the issue

Hi guys,

My car has today shown tyre pressure low for the right rear tire but when i stopped to check at the petrol station it was fine. I topped up the tires again just in case but it was still showin low

Is this due to the temp of 4 degrees and is there anyway to reset it?

Hi guys,

My car has today shown tyre pressure low for the right rear tire but when i stopped to check at the petrol station it was fine. I topped up the tires again just in case but it was still showin low

Is this due to the temp of 4 degrees and is there anyway to reset it?
Yes, it's the cold weather, the only way to reset is to drive for 5-10 minutes.

When you say it was showing low on the right rear tyre, what was the pressure?
How far had you been driving with that warning?
What was the pressure according to the gauge at the petrol station?
What was the pressure of all the other tyres?

I think the manual should explain how the pressure warning works better and give guidance in respect to how to set the correct tyre pressure.

I see drivers simply inflating their tyres, when in actual fact it could be the result of a malfunctioning sensor, a slow leak, temperature fluctuation due to car being parked half in the sunshine, half in the shade while inflating the tyres, etc...

I had the exact same issue this morning (right rear MG4 Trophy). The car was showing a pressure of 2.3 - same as all other tyres, but with the right rear highlighted. Eventually cleared itself after about 5 miles of driving.

I had the exact same issue this morning (right rear MG4 Trophy). The car was showing a pressure of 2.3 - same as all other tyres, but with the right rear highlighted. Eventually cleared itself after about 5 miles of driving.

I'm surprised you're not getting warnings all the time at 2.3 bar (34.5 psi). Why are they at that pressure? The recommended pressure is 2.6 bar (39 psi) on the door panel and many on here top up to 2.7 bar (40.5 psi) to avoid dropping into the warning zone on a cold morning.

I thought the recommended was 37 psi? (2.55 bar equivalent)

If you'd last set your pressures when the ambient temperature was warmer, then the pressure will naturally reduce as the ambient reduces. That's why checking/setting tyre pressures should be a routine task. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back