Map update problem with naviextra

Fred4009

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello here I tried to update the map thanks to Naviextras I manage to create the USB key and download the update on the USB key, but when I plug the USB key into the car the car radio starts playing but reboots without finishing installing the update .
Do you have a solution to this problem?
IMG_20210426_211117.jpg

i just did it it worked thanks for the tip maybe you could tell me if you had problems playing music with android auto and for example amazon music i have micro cut

i just did it it worked thanks for the tip maybe you could tell me if you had problems playing music with android auto and for example amazon music i have micro cut
I've not had any problems, But I've not tried Amazon Music. I mostly find it annoying that the volume is never loud enough, so I have to turn it up, then when the radio comes on afterwards it deafens me :ROFLMAO:

Maybe try it with a different higher-quality USB cable.

What phone are you using?

I did this update today, no problem, login to my account from the running "Toolbox" after plugin of
the USB to the MAC where the transferred and unique ID of the vehicles information is stored.

Then the update you show was downloaded and transferred to the USB for update in the car.

1620151026860.png

Follow all the step(s) in the attached document, I did not care about the number "9.18.39.709263.",
mine was "9.35.2.22.49.45", no problem after the update, just do it in the proper order.

Attachments

• MG_Navigation_update_tool_user_manual_EN.pdf
    724.2 KB · Views: 276
I had same problem. Head unit had to be sent away to fix. Naviextras tried to help, sent a file and then gave up. I think that the issue is with the sync tool that is used to update files that shipped with original car software. Maps Update only worked after comfort 2 applied.

Hello. On MG ZS EV 2022 facelift model it does not work. The vehicle does not create relevant files and I could not create and usb for updates. How can I update the map. The vehicle has 2020 map but the latest one is 2021.

Hello. On MG ZS EV 2022 facelift model it does not work. The vehicle does not create relevant files and I could not create and usb for updates. How can I update the map. The vehicle has 2020 map but the latest one is 2021.
I have the same issue. No fingerprint is written to the USB File with a facelift model. Has anyone a manual how to do an update for the facelift models?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom