MG Ambient lighting

For hardwiring to a switched fuse in the fusebox rather than taking up a usb socket. The intention to wire to the same fuse as the dashcam so as soon as you get in the drivers seat the strips come on.
Not the exact one as you would probably need the 5v conversion type like a dashcam.

Last edited:
For hardwiring to a switched fuse in the fusebox rather than taking up a usb socket. The intention to wire to the same fuse as the dashcam so as soon as you get in the drivers seat the strips come on.
Not the exact one as you would probably need the 5v conversion type like a dashcam.
The strips come on with the key? I just put a USBc - USB2 multi adapter in my c socket. Unlock with key = strips light up & lock with key out they go.

I realise that but i wanted something more OEM without cables being seen in the cabin. A pet hate of mine if it can be done without seeing any wiring . My dashcam is wired so comes on as soon as you sit in the seat. Easy to do so ill go down that route i think.

I realise that but i wanted something more OEM without cables being seen in the cabin. A pet hate of mine if it can be done without seeing any wiring . My dashcam is wired so comes on as soon as you sit in the seat. Easy to do so ill go down that route i think.
Fare enough. Ive done my Nextbase front & rear cameras that way.

Just installed mine. I found the pwr cable a little short, so it can't go into the USBC socket with adapter.

1000130338.jpg
1000130337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading the post again, i realized how stupid i am. The pwr cable in my car is at the opposite side. 😫 i should uninstall and install again.

BTW, for anyone who interested to make it even more OEM, u can take power from OBD port 😀.

1000130395.jpg

Here is my install, power from the fuse box inside.

Attachments

• 20240426_221851.jpg
    20240426_221851.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240426_221918.jpg
    20240426_221918.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20240426_222509.jpg
    20240426_222509.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 45
I’d love to have something like this installed, I don’t have the confidence or required skills so happy to pay if anyone interested in doing this please

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom