MG iSMART

Can you define "stopped working"? What exact issue are you facing? Car won't scan? (Mine was giving that issue right now. But I've just unlocked/locked the car and the scanning then worked).

Tried to bind with the car every time I try to look at an action it keeps asking I need to bind with the car.
Tried a number of times sat in the car still no good. Will not connect, worked perfectly before had the car for 5 months.

If the account binding has gone haywire (and I'm assuming you've tried to login to your account in iSMART?) then only MG can fix that - you'd need to raise this with your dealer so they can raise a case with MG. (You can't go direct to MG for such issues - why, I've no idea ... that's just the way it is).

On another note with the ISMART App.
Under My Profile, Alarm Setting I am trying to activate the notifications, vehicle start and vehicle fault. When I move the slider along it tries to activate but moves back to the off position within a few seconds.

I have tried clearing the cache and logging off and back onto the app but no joy.

It has worked in the past when I was monitoring the car while in the dealership. It’s in there again now but cannot activate these notifications. Anyone else had this issue?

Tried to bind with the car every time I try to look at an action it keeps asking I need to bind with the car.
Tried a number of times sat in the car still no good. Will not connect, worked perfectly before had the car for 5 months.
Hi forestedge, I’ve exactly the same problem on my mg4 se downloaded the iSMART app worked perfectly for 2 weeks then it just told me to bind. with the car and. the car would say I am already bound?So did you resolve the issue I’ve had mine for 4months

Hi forestedge, I’ve exactly the same problem on my mg4 se downloaded the iSMART app worked perfectly for 2 weeks then it just told me to bind. with the car and. the car would say I am already bound?So did you resolve the issue I’ve had mine for 4months
How long have you had these problems mine packed up for nearly a week then suddenly righted itself.

I’ve had this problem for nearly a month now I keep trying to bind many times but problem still persist so I’m going to give my dealer a ring I think

On another note with the ISMART App.
Under My Profile, Alarm Setting I am trying to activate the notifications, vehicle start and vehicle fault. When I move the slider along it tries to activate but moves back to the off position within a few seconds.

I have tried clearing the cache and logging off and back onto the app but no joy.

It has worked in the past when I was monitoring the car while in the dealership. It’s in there again now but cannot activate these notifications. Anyone else had this issue?
did you manage to resolve this?

Not exactly, but even though I couldn’t activate the notifications on the app I still got emails, text messages and notifications on the app alarm screen, when they started work on it, which was weird.
I never got one notification to say the car had been started though.
I have asked the dealership to look into it.
the other weird thing that happened was when I dropped the car off it had 80% SOC and 177 miles GOM.
When I picked it up it had 78% SOC, which was acceptable as the car had only been moved around the dealership compound, but the GOM had gone down to 100 miles.
i reset the odometers and had it in Economy Drive, but still the same.
I also put it on charge to get it back to 100% and balance the cells but only got 135 miles on the GOM.
I have asked the dealership about this as well. See what they come back with.

edit.
just to add. They were fitting new seats covers and stripping down and inspecting the rear brakes due to binding on. No software updates were available at the time. I was upto date from what they told me

All sounds very odd. Hopefully the dealer gets to the bottom of the issue. Probably a software glitch, could even be to do with the iSMART app in certain situations, who knows!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back