MG ZS EV 2022 - Battery pack types

Mihir

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've bought a MG ZS EV Trophy Standard Range and love the car!

I was having a quick glance at the manual from the MG website - https://www.mg.co.uk/sites/default/files/2021-11/MG ZS EV MY19 Owner Manual.pdf and under the section of Equalisation Charging, it talks about the Indicating Charging Times for battery pack type 1 and type 2

I am wondering what these battery pack types are? And how to know which battery pack type am I on? Does this mean the Standard Range batteries are Type 1 and Long Range are Type 2? Or vice versa or am I missing any important information? The type 1 and type 2 battery packs are referred in the technical data section for traction control as well but I could not find any information differentiating the two clearly.

Any information here if anyone knows will be quite helpful. Here are some screenshots from the user manual:

1644256691307.png

1644256631325.png

Attachments

• 1644256597352.png
    1644256597352.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 154
Is it possible to upgrade the battery pack on th ZS EV to get more mileage

I can't see why not in the future the ZS is still new and still covered by warranty so no real need yet but no doubt there will be third party battery packs and software just like there is now for the leaf

Last edited:
I think type one is LFP battery and type two is Li - Ion battery.
LFP you charge to 100 % regularly SR 279 EST miles.
Li -ion you charge to 80% once a month go to do a slow charge to 100% LR & Trophy LR 387 EST miles

Last edited:
I think type one is LFP battery and type two is Li - Ion battery.
LFP you charge to 100 % regularly SR
Li -ion you charge to 80% once a month go to do a slow charge to 100% LR & Trophy.
The trophy can come in SR LFP as well

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom