MG Zs Ev 2022 EMERGENCY SPARE WHEEL.

Hello
I have been following the various discussions on a spare wheel/tyre for the updated ZS EV that I own and drive. Being in Australia, the space saver listed on the British sites is not an option due to freight costs.
The VW Golf space saver is an option, but for the updated ZS EV, the circumference is about 5% smaller. I did find one at a wreckers for $50 but put off by the size difference and the age of the space saver.
The supplied MG wheels are 7J17E41 rims with PCD of 5x112 and centre bore of 57.1mm. The compliance plate for the vehicle has the entry of N/A under spare (another reason for not buying the VW space saver).
I have found some VW wheels (from a Tiguan as an example) that are 7J17E43 rims with PCD of 5x112 and centre bore of 57.1mm. I am no expert but firmly believe that they will fit the updated ZS EV.
There is a Gumtree seller just north of Brisbane who has 4 of these plus 235/50/17 tyres for $100. Yes $100. The tyres are listed as not so good and should be changed to the supplied 215/55/17 tyre size. You would also need the VW stud bolts to match the rim profile. These are available from the wreckers for about $5 each.
If any Brisbane drivers were interested, we could buy the four rims as he will not sell individually, put on the right sized tyre and have a full sized spare for less than $300.
Any interested locals please contact me.
Cheers

I missed out on the VW wheels, so I have done further research.
The ZSEV wheel is 7Jx17 ET41, centre bore 57.1mm, PCD 5x112 and 215/55R17 94V tyre.
On some HS models, the wheel is 7Jx17 ET41, centre bore 66.6mm, PCD 5x112 and 215/60R17 96H tyre. Nearly a perfect match except the centre bore and tyre size.
So source a 17" HS wheel, replace the tyre so circumference is the same and buy a set of 66.6mm to 57.1mm centre bore spacers. Then you can use the original MG wheel studs and only need to carry the spacers and spare wheel. Below is a link to plastic spacers.

The ZSEV wheel is 7Jx17 ET41, centre bore 57.1mm, PCD 5x112 and 215/55R17 94V tyre.
On some HS models, the wheel is 7Jx17 ET41, centre bore 66.6mm, PCD 5x112 and 215/60R17 96H tyre. Nearly a perfect match except the centre bore and tyre size.
So source a 17" HS wheel, replace the tyre so circumference is the same and buy a set of 66.6mm to 57.1mm centre bore spacers. Then you can use the original MG wheel studs and only need to carry the spacers and spare wheel. Below is a link to plastic spacers.
Or buy one of my original ZS EV 2022 wheels advertised in for sale section

Hello
I have been following the various discussions on a spare wheel/tyre for the updated ZS EV that I own and drive. Being in Australia, the space saver listed on the British sites is not an option due to freight costs.
The VW Golf space saver is an option, but for the updated ZS EV, the circumference is about 5% smaller. I did find one at a wreckers for $50 but put off by the size difference and the age of the space saver.
The supplied MG wheels are 7J17E41 rims with PCD of 5x112 and centre bore of 57.1mm. The compliance plate for the vehicle has the entry of N/A under spare (another reason for not buying the VW space saver).
I have found some VW wheels (from a Tiguan as an example) that are 7J17E43 rims with PCD of 5x112 and centre bore of 57.1mm. I am no expert but firmly believe that they will fit the updated ZS EV.
There is a Gumtree seller just north of Brisbane who has 4 of these plus 235/50/17 tyres for $100. Yes $100. The tyres are listed as not so good and should be changed to the supplied 215/55/17 tyre size. You would also need the VW stud bolts to match the rim profile. These are available from the wreckers for about $5 each.
If any Brisbane drivers were interested, we could buy the four rims as he will not sell individually, put on the right sized tyre and have a full sized spare for less than $300.
Cheers
Great idea. If you haven't already I suggest putting a similar Note in the Facebook/social media pages here in Brissie.

Ebayer doesn’t send to th UK unsurprisingly…😀

can i replace my MG zs ev My 2023 model with 20 inchi wheel 5x112 ?
Not sure I fully understand your question 🙋🏻‍♂️ sorry ?.
If your question is :- “Will the emergency space saver wheel from my Gen1 ZSEV fit my Gen2 face lifted ZS EV model ?”.
Then the answer is - Yes 👍.
Technically it is about 5mm shorter in height but as it is only intended to get you to a tyre shop or a short journey home, then all is okay.
I have the space saver wheel from our Gen1 in the boot of our Gen2 face lift model.
If you question 🙋🏻‍♂️ is :- “Can I use the alloy wheels from the Gen1 on the Gen2 model then - Yes 👍.
But remember there will be a very small discrepancy on the over haul height of the wheel and tyre.
Hope this answers your question 👍.

Hello @Lovemyev

sorry my question can i upgrade my MG Zs Ev tyre from 17 to 20 inchi ?

Thank you
Wow …. 17 to 20 that is a big jump !.
I guess you are looking 👀 to increase your actual wheel size, then install the appropriate tyres, in order to try and give the wheel arches a more “Fuller / Sportier” look I guess.
When Miles Roberts had his Gen1 ZS EV very briefly, he did install larger wheels onto it.
He did a full break down of doing this on the forum a quick search 🔍 should disclose his post.
But 17’s to 20’s does sound a little bit ambitious I have to say.

Wow …. 17 to 20 that is a big jump !.
I guess you are looking 👀 to increase your actual wheel size, then install the appropriate tyres, in order to try and give the wheel arches a more “Fuller / Sportier” look I guess.
When Miles Roberts had his Gen1 ZS EV very briefly, he did install larger wheels onto it.
He did a full break down of doing this on the forum a quick search 🔍 should disclose his post.
But 17’s to 20’s does sound a little bit ambitious I have to say.
i rhink so thank you

Hello
Cheers
To confirm, a 2015 VW Tiguan space saver spare fits. I bought one from a local wrecker for $95. It's T145/80R18 which if you work it out the diameter is 3% bigger than the fitted P215/55R17 on my '22 ZS EV Essence. (689mm vs 668mm). That's an acceptable fit according to these guys at Jaxtyres. I did a test fit this afternoon and all good however I will need to invest in another jack with a larger lift range than the one I have left over from a previous car.

Last edited:
To confirm, a 2015 VW Tiguan space saver spare fits. I bought one from a local wrecker for $95. It's T145/80R18 which if you work it out the diameter is 3% bigger than the fitted P215/55R17 on my '22 ZS EV Essence. (689mm vs 668mm). That's an acceptable fit according to these guys at Jaxtyres. I did a test fit this afternoon and all good however I will need to invest in another jack with a larger lift range than the one I have left over from a previous car.
Hello @Tassie John Yes I have original MG ZS EV tyres and rims. MG wheels are 7J17E41 rims with PCD of 5x112 and a centre bore of 57.1mm. You can use it as a space saver spare. I am selling it for $200 each with 95% thread and delivery to Australia-wide. i put one as a space saver spare on my MG Zs EV 2023 model with cap
If anyone needs one for their MG ZS EV 2021 up model. please get in touch with me

for photo

Last edited:
I apologise if this topic has been resolved, but being new to the MG community site I may well have missed it.
I am very confused in my quest.
MG dealer simply tell me there is NO spare available and just rely on the AA.
That's not good enough for me.
Some spares available on line but only up to 2021 model.
I can't work out what the difference in fit would be.
Has anyone tracked down an emergency spare with tools for the latest 2022 model.
I would be most grateful for a solution
i bought my zs ev 22 from nathaniel cars in bridgend and they supplied a spare wheel for me
your dealer must be usless

Elsewhere on the forum I have seen comment that the VAG countersink bolts are not necessary for the very limited mileage you will drive on the space saver.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a scissor jack or even better a bottle jack?
I have a 12v electric scissor jack & cheap battery nut gun in with my spare wheel.

I apologise if this topic has been resolved, but being new to the MG community site I may well have missed it.
I am very confused in my quest.
MG dealer simply tell me there is NO spare available and just rely on the AA.
That's not good enough for me.
Some spares available on line but only up to 2021 model.
I can't work out what the difference in fit would be.
Has anyone tracked down an emergency spare with tools for the latest 2022 model.
I would be most grateful for a solution
My 2022 ZS Trophy came with a spare wheel from new. I believe it was a cancelled order because I only had to wait a couple of weeks.

My 2022 ZS Trophy came with a spare wheel from new. I believe it was a cancelled order because I only had to wait a couple of weeks.
They do not come supplied with a spare wheel as standard, so the original order was processed for the dealer to include the space saver in the deal.
You have benefited from the cancelled order then !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom