• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Buyers Remorse kicking in

Just out interest how do you turn the initial greeting off? It as you say annoying to say the least especially as it often interrupts the radio which is up and running by the time the greeting starts!
The software is very 'immature' compared to most other manufacturers including Kia and Hyundai. The VW ID3, a car of comparable price, is so much better in this respect!
Please see my post 7.30pm yesterda.

Last edited:
Dealer was you're first and only port of call when buying, they remain you're first port of call when a problem like this arises , I'd honestly roast any dealer who tried to feed me a line like " take it up with MG "

The dealer is MG !
I can see you are in Ireland but the same criteria apply, EU laws and all that, MG is the make and in Europe the owner of the franchise, in the UK this is wholly owned by SAIC and I was presume the same in Ireland.
So MG UK don't sell you the car that is through a dealer. To add confusion the dealer maybe called MG Dobbs for instance. So it appears to be MG but it isn't. In my case it is Richmond Motor Group, called, yes you've guessed it, MG Richmond!
They sell you, the customer, the car and perform all the financial and servicing aspects relating to the car.
When you have a problem with your car, you take it to your dealer who will consult MG UK if they can't solve the issue.
You will be told by MG UK ,if you can get them to answer a phone, to take your car to a MG dealer, it doesn't have to be the dealer you purchased it from, though you might get better service if you did, MG UK will not touch it!
Your dealer, if it is a problem they can't diagnose, contact MG UK for help.
This is how it is done industry wide EXCEPT for Tesla! There dealerships are Tesla owned.
As for the Nathanial Bridgend salesman saying get in touch with MG UK not them if you have a problem with the car, he/they will be up in court sooner than they would like!

I would have hoped that folk would have a better understanding of consumer law in this day and age! With any product your first port of call is the retailer you purchased it from, that is the law! Even Lidl and Aldi will tell you to bring an item bought from them back to the store for exchange/repair, not that your Parkside hedge trimmer will EVER go wrong!!

Please see my post 7.30pm yesterda.
Sadly not very helpful!
I don't know whether the PHEV has the same interface but I don't have an Infotainment manual embedded in the car. Just one for the car and one for the Navigation.
Yes I know Infotainment is all encompassing word, but navigation doesn't cover the radio!
As you say the radio is supposed to follow a particular station i.e. BBC Radio 2 but mine doesn't! A short way up the A34 is disappeared. I didn't go pressing any buttons to find out if I could restore it as my son and I were talking. To be honest we weren't interested in the radio, and it was only when we returned down that same road that it surprised us by bursting into life having been silent for the 500 miles to and from North Wales!

Sadly not very helpful!
I don't know whether the PHEV has the same interface but I don't have an Infotainment manual embedded in the car. Just one for the car and one for the Navigation.
Yes I know Infotainment is all encompassing word, but navigation doesn't cover the radio!
As you say the radio is supposed to follow a particular station i.e. BBC Radio 2 but mine doesn't! A short way up the A34 is disappeared. I didn't go pressing any buttons to find out if I could restore it as my son and I were talking. To be honest we weren't interested in the radio, and it was only when we returned down that same road that it surprised us by bursting into life having been silent for the 500 miles to and from North Wales!
PHEV ?

Indeed, so why is he posting advice on the ZS EV forum?
The MG ZS petrol I had as a loaner, there was a PAPER owners manual in the glove box, so much nicer!
Coupled with your command of the English language, what could possibly go wrong? 😁

Yes I am a PHEV driver but I down load your car manual and found that your car stores a user manual for you car for the entertainment system.

this below is from your user manual after that your on you own

User Manual
In the settings interface, touch [User Manual] to enter the user manual interface. You can view the user manual and entertainment manual.

No "yours" is a pronoun - did you go to an English school?
Agreed!
Maybe I wondered why it wasn't 'yours or the car?'
By the way I went to school in the UK, not necessarily in England!
The Welsh and Scots get very up tight when referred to as English and rightly so.

Doesn't go into much detail
Screenshot_20220717_092040.jpg

Attachments

• ZS11EMCE_EU_COLOR_RADIO_Navi_Manual_EN (3).pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 88
Just out interest how do you turn the initial greeting off? It as you say annoying to say the least especially as it often interrupts the radio which is up and running by the time the greeting starts!
The software is very 'immature' compared to most other manufacturers including Kia and Hyundai. The VW ID3, a car of comparable price, is so much better in this respect!

You can get rid of the “immature” sounds by getting another car, you have suggested a few.

I can’t understand people that buy a car and do nothing but moan about it. If you don’t test drive it properly and understand it why buy it then moan?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom