mg zs ev charging

Traindriver

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought an MG ZS EV with which i am very pleased apart from what I think is a serious problem. i had a Rolec tethered charger installed for my outlander PHEV which worked well for 2 plus years. Changed to the MG, had a type 2 cable fitted to the charger by an electrician, plugged it into the car ,charged for about 10 seconds then cut out. This happened on numerous occasions. Contacted Rolec who were very helpful . Told me to disconnect my wifi and boosters in the house and Hey Presto the charging worked. Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so how did you cure it apart from turning wifi off. Rolec say its a faulit with the car MG say its a fault with the charger. As a new member can anyone out there help me please

Sorry you’re having issues. I have Rolec and power line networking. I don’t have issues.

unfortunately powerline networks are a bit of a nightmare with regard to interference. And solving the problem is a job for magicians. 🙂

One thing to try is to use different sockets where possible. This can be as simple as from one side of the room to the other. Do it one at time. Also follow the manufacturers instructions on which sockets to use/avoid. Sometimes making sure they’re all on the same physical ring circuit seems to help (and helps with the networking too).

Additionally, the fewer network nodes that exist on the power line, the better. If you can get away with 2, that’s great.

As this seems to be a problem and not just with our car and charger, I’ve asked around engineer friends for any more suggestions.

Good luck.

I also have a Rolec and haven’t had any issues with either the smart charger or the car either.

Thanks Skippy and Mark. I have got BT wifi signal booster discs to get my wifi around the house. The discs only take power from the mains to boost the signal from my router . As I have said as soon as i disconnected the booster my car started charging. The Rolec is just a standard wall mounted box not of the smart type. Any other ideas please as I am still stuck. As you can appreciate I lose my television and wifi in the rest of the house if I disconnect. By the way I dont live in a mansion just an old house with thick walls

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom